Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
569 Posts
Any pics of your dash bits and centre console yet?

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover EVOQUE 2.2 Sd Tech Pack Manual
19 Posts
Yep it will be all back together by Monday . Second car so was busy getting everything done before my main car went so have no choice for it to be all back then lol .

·
Registered
MY2016 (FL), HSE, Auto, Corris Grey/Black
4 Posts
Just received an interesting ad about a Kickstarter "CarrGenie" gadget launched today. If I'm understanding this right, their gadget just plugs into the USB under the armrest and plays either Apple Car play or Android Auto on the OEM touchscreen? No need for any other cabling. Does sound too good to be true.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think this might be for cars that already support wired Apple carplay/Android auto - but making it a wireless connection via Bluetooth.
The original post on this thread was for cars that didn't support either of those in the first place, so I don't think this unit will work on early Evoques by just plugging in a box with a USB cable.

·
Registered
MY2016 (FL), HSE, Auto, Corris Grey/Black
4 Posts
I think this might be for cars that already support wired Apple carplay/Android auto - but making it a wireless connection via Bluetooth.
The original post on this thread was for cars that didn't support either of those in the first place, so I don't think this unit will work on early Evoques by just plugging in a box with a USB cable.
Yes, you're absolutely right ...I got a reply from them saying for CarrGenie to work, it needs a system with CarPlay. That's a pity as I was hoping someone had invented a workaround for us folks who would love a simple solution.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's a shame that the system featured in this thread means dismantling so much of the interior trim. Although I have to say it's well worth the effort - certainly wouldn't be without mine now, especially the up-to-date navigation.

·
Registered
2015 4x4 2,2 SD4 Prestige Business Aut
67 Posts
Hi.
Will this Android Carplay work if you dont have OEM rear camera in your car?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oboy and RRJAY - if you are both talking about the system first mentioned in this post and not the 'Carrgenie', then yes it should work.
You need to have the Bosch infotainment system fitted as standard - easily seen by comparing the screen set-up with pictures on the item that's for sale. As regards the rear camera, the mmi box does support a rear camera, but I would imagine it will still function ok if you don't have one. When I put mine in reverse the rear camera is on, so maybe either the screen will go blank if a rear camera isn't fitted.
Might be worth contacting the seller to get confirmation of fitting for your model. My mmi box was actually listed for 2015> cars, but works perfectly in my 2013.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Reactions: Oboy

·
Registered
2012 SD4 PURE
2 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Does it work OK?
It works a treat. Mine came from China very quickly - within 10 days - but have heard some are waiting a lot longer for their items now. Something also to note - the value of mine was set at a low level by the seller to avoid import taxes, don't know if they'll all do that!

·
Registered
2015 4x4 2,2 SD4 Prestige Business Aut
67 Posts
Thanks @Robwen! That's the one I need. But I will get mine later. So much going on right now.
I don't know how it is in GB, but for Finland Aliexpress prices allready include VAT and normally no need to pay extra taxes.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts