Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very good write up - thank you.
If this is the same system, that's a great price.
The connectors don't look like the ones in your pics.
Hi,

Has anyone got a current link to buy the unit? That is confirmed to work with the 2014 year range rover Evoque?

Thanks,

Liam

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,711 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Evoque SD4 Dynamic
24 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone got a current link to buy the unit? That is confirmed to work with the 2014 year range rover Evoque?

Thanks,

Liam
Mine is a 2014 Evoque and it works fine both Android and CarPlay. I have an Android phone and I’ve only had my unit installed for about 5 days and I’m thinking of taking it out and selling it as I don’t really use it to be honest.

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
475 Posts
Mine is a 2014 Evoque and it works fine both Android and CarPlay. I have an Android phone and I’ve only had my unit installed for about 5 days and I’m thinking of taking it out and selling it as I don’t really use it to be honest.
Wow that's strange, especially when you can obtain the latest maps via Waze or Google and have access to all your music etc!
Definitely wouldn't be without mine now.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,711 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Firenze Red Evoque, Pure, SD4, auto.
6 Posts
An hour's work last week, after all the comments that it's not that hard to do (thanks to all concerned), though pulling the steering wheel shroud off is a bit awkward when you can be a bit heavy handed.... ;) I think mine's a slightly different CarPlay unit as the one I acquired off eBay had a wire aerial as opposed to a couple of stubbies. So that wire went behind the facia on the left. Well happy as I can now stream off Qobuz and my maps aren't 10 years out of date.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Car Steering part Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think that if any cameras (OEM or aftermarket) worked before installing the mmi box, then they'd work with it.
The box is really only a 'bridge' in the system, allowing you to use information from you phone via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover EVOQUE 2.2 Sd Tech Pack Manual
10 Posts
Ok , I was
I think that if any cameras (OEM or aftermarket) worked before installing the mmi box, then they'd work with it.
The box is really only a 'bridge' in the system, allowing you to use information from you phone via Bluetooth.

i think on eBay there is a box with Tv with free camera out from Germany for £160 something for the future lol . Fitted console looks really good but makes the other silver bits stand out lol so end of month will order the other bits .

·
Registered
2014, Firenze Red Evoque, Pure, SD4, auto.
6 Posts
Update: What I have noticed since installing this, is my mobile data usage has gone through the roof! So a swap to unlimited data is next on the agenda. I can only assume so long as you're connected to the unit via Bluetooth, even though you might not be on the CarPlay or Android Auto screen on the dashboard, the maps app is running in the background. Add to that streaming off your music service of choice and 5Gb is gone in no time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Fitted console looks really good but makes the other silver bits stand out lol so end of month will order the other bits .
Glad you're happy with it - definitely makes the car look 'classier' and more practical than with the aluminium trims.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts