Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 10 litre ad blue from Aldi, i filled my ad blu tank up unwittingly to the top as i thought it needed it, ( no message to fill just me being over zealous), will that be a problem as I have read on here not to over fill,

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
No ttoo sure but I don't think that was a good idea, someone with far better knowledge will be along shortly

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get a length of tube and siphon some back out .. Simple.. :)

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Yum!!!

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Said the Actress to the Bishop!!!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
OOOh, you are naughty. :eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lovely!! Well its only pig's wee!!
Rubbish.

I wounder how/who started that rumor and why ?.

It's about 32% Urea and water.

The Urea being made in a chemical factory and has mainly been used in ferterlizers for many years.

Pigs / Human urine the urea is about 2 to 3%, so not a good idea to 'pee' in your 'Ad-Blue' tank if you run out . :(

It's useful that I have a scientific background :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Not taking the P!ss then?? ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
:unsure:

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Why and how would you get an ear stuck in the nozzle then?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Better not mention that I had to get the Fire Service out to remove a Certain part of my body I had stuck in neck of the Ad Blue Tank then ?
Was it anything like this❓❓❓❓:unsure:o_O
1585826455259.png

·
Registered
539 Posts
There are some strange minds out there.... I was dipping my finger to see If I could feel the level ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Actually, I don’t have any Ad Blue, never having owned a diesel before. The car says there are @ 6.5k miles to go though, so at the current rate of usage, that’s @ 18 months ??

·
Registered
539 Posts
I didn’t pick the best time to get a new car really. So far I’ve washed it more times than I’ve driven it ?

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
LOL, me too, only had mine a month today and only got 2,500 on it-very shiny though!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Rubbish.

I wounder how/who started that rumor and why ?.

It's about 32% Urea and water.

The Urea being made in a chemical factory and has mainly been used in ferterlizers for many years.

Pigs / Human urine the urea is about 2 to 3%, so not a good idea to 'pee' in your 'Ad-Blue' tank if you run out . :(

It's useful that I have a scientific background :)
EV Yes I and everyone else knows this. It was said for amusement, thinking everyone on this forum has a sense of humour.

(Actually, by the way, I have a PhD in pharmacology, in the faculty of medicine, so do know just a little science and biology)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I got a GCE grade 1 in Biology at Grammar School ?
(now that really is showing my age - anyone remember Grammar Schools?)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts