Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 SD4 HSE Dynamic, Auto, 5 door, Santorini Black with Cirrus Windsor leather
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
I have now had the Evoque for a few months and overall things have been great, good car. However, just recently ( last day or so) I have noticed a "droning" noise from the rear of the vehicle when it is in 4WD, and it disappears when the i4x4 screen shows a move to 2WD or (Front Wheel Drive).
Now I guess that it is possible that it has always been like that and I just didn't notice it,(I have done 4K miles since collection) but I doubt it, as its reasonably loud. I can hear it over the radio when playing "normally". It also appears to have got a little louder over the last few days.
Anyone have any thoughts on this, or experienced the same/similar noises?Is some level of noise such as this normal? I believe the car has the GKN Active Driveline.
Thanks in advance for any ideas. I just want to get some background prior to engaging with the JLR Main Dealer who supplied it, and a search did not show anything similar coming up.
FYI its under warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What kind of noise is it?? Mine has a strange noise/rumble if I floor it a bit from stationary. I’m thinking it was transmission related but as I’m not very technically minded it’s just a guess. Maybe I’m having the same issue as you…?

·
Registered
2018 2.0 SD4 HSE Dynamic, Auto, 5 door, Santorini Black with Cirrus Windsor leather
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What kind of noise is it?? Mine has a strange noise/rumble if I floor it a bit from stationary. I’m thinking it was transmission related but as I’m not very technically minded it’s just a guess. Maybe I’m having the same issue as you…?
It was a constant drone in 4WD. Note use of past tense......car currently being recovered as it suddenly lost traction with no additional warning this morning. Big bang, slow to stop, smell of gearbox oil, call Land Rover Recovery.
Once I find out more I will let you know.:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was a constant drone in 4WD. Note use of past tense......car currently being recovered as it suddenly lost traction with no additional warning this morning. Big bang, slow to stop, smell of gearbox oil, call Land Rover Recovery.
Once I find out more I will let you know.:confused:
Oh no!!! Do you have extended warranty on the car?? 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no!!! Do you have extended warranty on the car?? 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Indeed, its still under original mfr warranty, thank goodness.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh that’s good then! Still a lot of hassle isn’t it though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts