car has been very reliable apart from seized rear shock

very nice interior nice environment to be in especially with pano roof

CONS
not a big issue but seem to get lots of water in the door shuts when washing

dab radio pretty much useless

no height adjustment on passenger seat and not great on driver’s seat

very battery dependant

fuel consumption

flat spot when pulling out of junctions (dangerous)

but the big letdown with the car is the auto gearbox… they must be supplied by massey ferguson… the only way to describe it is it’s like the big clumsy kid at school
it’s cumbersome awkward and doesn’t really know what it’s doing… agricultural at best i have always driven BMW,s before the evoque and the auto gearboxes on them are silky smooth… this is the other end of the scale

overall i really like the car but they could have made it better with a decent gearbox

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,929 Posts
The seats on both my Evoques went high enough for me and I'm not tall.

Have you thought about fitting these ?

Re gearbox, I used Sport most of the time as it gets rid of most of the lag and mpg isn't changed much (slightly better most of the time)

Reactions: Terryh

·
Registered
2013 dynamic sd4 Orkney grey
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks zx4 yes i have the seat risers on the passenger seat got fed up with talking to the top of my wife’s head

the fuel consumption baffles me i have the same engine in my my65 transit and the consumption is slightly better
was thinking about a remap for the flat spot but had a remap on a previous car and it killed the clutch very quickly

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
61 Posts
thanks zx4 yes i have the seat risers on the passenger seat got fed up with talking to the top of my wife’s head

the fuel consumption baffles me i have the same engine in my my65 transit and the consumption is slightly better
was thinking about a remap for the flat spot but had a remap on a previous car and it killed the clutch very quickly

Good read up on the car although with the gear box have you tried to reset it I did mine last weekend after 2 5 years and reading a thread on here from ' Maffy ' I believe and to be honest it worked a treat.

Mines the 2017 2.0L Diesel i do get good fuel returns if I'm honest 700mile cost me around £90 better than my previous 2016 Gti 😀

Below is Maffy's post...

Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 15, 2018

Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2013 dynamic sd4 Orkney grey
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks gtiaps yes have done the gearbox reset …it’s just not as refined as a bmw gearbox

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
708 Posts
I presume you have the 6 speed Asin gearbox, not the later 9 speed ZF that appeared late 2013?
It should be smooth, maybe fluid change needed or some wear in the mounts. Front drive is never as smooth as rear drive in my experience due to the transverse engine rocking forwards and backwards.

·
Registered
2014 Orkney Grey SD4 auto
7 Posts
Good read up on the car although with the gear box have you tried to reset it I did mine last weekend after 2 5 years and reading a thread on here from ' Maffy ' I believe and to be honest it worked a treat.

Mines the 2017 2.0L Diesel i do get good fuel returns if I'm honest 700mile cost me around £90 better than my previous 2016 Gti 😀

Below is Maffy's post...

Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 15, 2018

Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.
Was not sure if this would work or not but tried it anyway, it may be just wishful thinking but the gear changes seem smoother and more responsive, thanks for this tip Maffy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts