Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to all who read this and are in some way flattered when someone drives behind them 'videoing' but I am at the end of my tether. I've 'SEEN' it happen 4 times now and on 2 occasions it has been downright scary.

1st time on A2 near Blackwall Tunnel some guy right up my inside videoing while driving and then today, final straw - 2 guys videoing, 1 passenger, 1 driving (have number plate etc in case I find the video anywhere it shouldn't be) and when I kindly told them to stop, they gave me a number of quite choice elements of the English language.

I was shaking when I got home - with anger.

I find it such an invasion of privacy that people think it OK to put your life (and my childrens in the instance) in danger by not concentrating on the road while driving......

Anyone else experiencing this, or have I just got an extra large rear end that I'm not aware of as yet!?!

Answers on a postcard.......

p.s Apologies for the rant!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You probably have the wrong car if you want to blend in. Having said that, I understand it's annoying. I won't be able to pick my nose as soon as I get mine ;)
The only thing that comforts me is the fact that nowadays, so many videos are shot, the odds are tiny yours will get any attention.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tootsie

I agree with what you say. Total inconsideration for the safety of themselves and others. Can understand why they want to video or take photos, as the car is still so rare, but to be driving and doing it? Madness.

As Cedric says, the car at present will stand out and create attention, which is fine if all were sensible, which they clearly are not. Let's hope this will be the last such incident for you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always had cars that 'don't blend in', however, never before have I been chased down a road! Anyway, trauma disappeared shortly after the 2nd glass of red last night and a chat with a friendly office of the law who advises that their actions might just be a tad illegal. And there was I thinking it was perfectly acceptable to drive with both hands off the wheel holding up a camera phone ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think 'just tough i'm afraid' is very harsh.

Put yourself in my position, driving through challenging country roads with a Caddy Van behind with 2 20 somethings like crazed idiots videoing (whilst trying to control a car through blind bends on a national speed limit) with a small child in the rear? I think 'just tough' is perhaps the response of someone who has different morals and principles to me.

In fact, that is the whole premise of my fury - we appear to live in a society where nobody has any respect for personal space; privacy to go about their normal business without being 'spied upon'. WHY should I have my car; number plate; other identifying features posted on You Tube, Played to anyone who will watch without my consent???

Ok, my rant has commenced again, but this behavior is just downright rude.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No wooly jumpers; No A5; Not from Bath but can completely understand why she finds it a little strange that someone chose to film her, especially when he said 'it is an interesting example of where traffic closures in Bath etc etc and then starts going on about Syria'.

The fact is, he should not have videoed her......no matter what she did in the road closure.

Thankful to remain calm and composed in most situations......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tootsie said:
No wooly jumpers; No A5; Not from Bath but can completely understand why she finds it a little strange that someone chose to film her, especially when he said 'it is an interesting example of where traffic closures in Bath etc etc and then starts going on about Syria'.

The fact is, he should not have videoed her......no matter what she did in the road closure.

Thankful to remain calm and composed in most situations......

Why should he not have filmed her?

He was gathering evidence of her obstructing the public highway, he is entitled to film anything he wants in public.

Had she not drawn attention to herself by parking illegally and causing inconveinience to many innocent people due to her selfish actions then nobody would have been interested in filming her.

In my line of work i quite often get people filming me on their camera phones, trying to wind me up and be clever. does it bother me? not really. They can do it if they want, nothing i can do about it so no point in getting all upset about it. Just act professionally and do the job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But I wasn't obstructing anyone; doing a job etc. I was driving my son home from rugby. That's all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts