Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting Mrs Evomike a New 'Mini Countryman Cooper' :)

We had a 'Mini Countryman JCW' loan car while we had a problem with the Evoque fixed as she was quite impressed with it, She used to have a Mini in the 1980's :)

Anyone Got/Had one ? are they any good ?..

*Yes I know it's the wrong forum section, admin can move it to 'chat' if need be .

·
Super Moderator
2,541 Posts
Moved... but if you knew it was the wrong section.. why not post it in the right section?

We had the original New Mini Cooper... not really fair to compare to a modern Countryman... too jiggly for me, like a go kart!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved... but if you knew it was the wrong section.. why not post it in the right section?

We had the original New Mini Cooper... not really fair to compare to a modern Countryman... too jiggly for me, like a go kart!
Why, Because I do not think a lot of newer people know there are other parts of the forum. Thanks anyway.

The Mini is not really my cup of tea, but if she like them, she be the one using it a lot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We have a few new mini's at work and the manual has a clutch that is so heavy I wouldn't entertain one.

The auto version is better but the cabin still feels cramped.

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
I was thinking of getting Mrs Evomike a New 'Mini Countryman Cooper' :)

We had a 'Mini Countryman JCW' loan car while we had a problem with the Evoque fixed as she was quite impressed with it, She used to have a Mini in the 1980's :)

Anyone Got/Had one ? are they any good ?..

*Yes I know it's the wrong forum section, admin can move it to 'chat' if need be .
My youngest has a new 5 Door Mini Cooper (not a Countryman but who cares)...and it’s simply fantastic. I’ve raced a few at Rockingham Motor Speedway and have always said they’re by far the best handling car for the size and money. I’d never hesitate in buying a Cooper or Cooper Works.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The other half loves a mini.

Current one:

It's basically a BMW now, engine , gearbox (hers is the 8 speed auto), etc. Is the countryman not just an X1 underneath?

Not really my cup of tea but nice to drive and never had any issues.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The other half loves a mini.
Looks good, Is that 'Moonwalk Grey' colour ?.

We had a chat about it on our 5mile walk around 'Cannock Chase' Staffordshire yesterday I would have gone for 'British Racing Green' but she said she likes the grey with a black roof.

I think we better go for a Petrol one, during covid times she is driving about 20miles to and from work for five days and another 20/25miles going shopping with her sister on Saturdays, Her current ford car has a Euro 5 Diesel engine and she has no problems but these Euro 6 engines are more fussy with the lower miles and the DPF.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

mrs got this new in Feb 2019 I think it was, hated it, not a patch on her Abarth Competizione she reckons so only kept it 6 or 7 months. She found it quite uncomfortable to drive.I liked it but it wasn’t for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When my wife was looking tyo buy her car, Mini was top of the list. she test drove all types, Cooper, Cooper S in the 5 door and Countryman. The Countryman she drove was a JCW engine automatic. She found the gear change notchy, the gear stick was really long and looked a bit agricultural. She then drove the Cooper S a great improvement on the countryman regarding the gearbox, nice smooth gear changes but she wanted a softer suspension (Her first mini was a 3 door JCW convertible manual, really great to drive but stiff suspension) She went for the 5 Door Cooper Automatic with every option other than the adaptive dynamics and head up display. She's had it for two years and loves it. It is actually a really nice comfortable drive. I have been driving it since i sold my RR sport in march and am still awaiting my new Evoque to arrive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts