Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, what is the black box on the roof behind of the alarm sensors and in front of the pan roof?
My guess is that it's the sensor for keyless entry, but I am not sure on that.

Also, is it possible for LR to put a Coupe bonnet (with the mean looking cosmetic air vents) on a 5dr? Since they don't come with them!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Chris,
Thatwill be the reciever for the white fire headphones

The bonnet should fit the 5 door from a coupe...dont see why not
Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul, thanks for your super quick response!

I see, that makes sense I suppose!
And the Land Rover factory would be happy to put a coupe one on a 5dr on request? It is built to spec after all...
Edited by: MrChris

·
Registered
361 Posts
Built to spec indeed it is...however the current no can change spec would be 5 door without "power vents"....3 door with " power vents"

May have to wait for a written off 3 door and change the bonnet

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wonder whether you could buy the vents and then put them into 5 door bonnet as they are slightly rasied on the 3 door bonnet already.....if properly done would not look much different......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes definitely worth it. Having a look under the dynamic shows that the square tailpipes are just an insert, and the exhaust system remains in the same place, but the chrome exit pipes just sit around it. Not even attached!

The problem with just sticking them on the bonnet is that they are not inset. Might not look as good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Money would be better spent on improving performance rather than looks!
The Evoque lacks power and seriously needs another 30 bhp!

Turn that Turbo boost up and chip the engine to 220 bhp - inject some va va voom into the thing!

Then work on the looks to match the pace, not vice versa!

The existing chassis can certainly handle it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
For the like minded individual's "if that's your bag"the evoque is certainly a car you can tweek....I am confident this will happen just like what happened with the RRS and FFRR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts