Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all
Makkan00 posted this in his thread but I thought it deserved its own space, so that it didn’t go off topic if prompted too much discussion.
The ladies on the Facebook pages raising awareness for a recall have managed to get this on Watchdog tonight (21/07/2021) at 7pm on the One Show.
I really hope that JLR take note and do the right thing on top of the N613 - ELECTRIC POWER STEERING GEAR (EXTENDED WARRANTY) that has just been released (I wonder if they knew this was coming?)
I suppose if my glass was half empty, I may be concerned about the second hand prices after this bad publicity of the problem with the Evoque and Disco Sport… but let’s hope a positive outcome is on the horizon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Said nothing and confirmed nothing. So the facebook page has been taken down to stop discussion. Just wow. I'm surprised some dealers are booking cars in. Mine isn't but did confirm if I don't die when they break (I added this bit) 'they'll change them up to 10 years' ...

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,989 Posts
Said nothing and confirmed nothing. So the facebook page has been taken down to stop discussion. Just wow. I'm surprised some dealers are booking cars in. Mine isn't but did confirm if I don't die when they break (I added this bit) 'they'll change them up to 10 years' ...
I'm not on FB, but the group looks like it's still there to me?

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,989 Posts
Up to now it's mostly only been enthusiasts or people who've had the failure that know about the issue. This programme will certainly spread the news so it will be interesting if that changes anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not on FB, but the group looks like it's still there to me?
The page was turned off because owners were talking about it and indicated the BBC asked them to before it went live.
Freedom of speech clearly alive and well... 😂
Hadn't realised the BBC were now policing this.
We now need to wait to see what JLR response is...
Following the ceo publicly saying JLR needing to improve, this could hurt them... Financially as well as their bad rep for quality/reliability.

·
Registered
RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Plus 2014
99 Posts
The group is still there and was understandably very active last night. There are a couple of ladies who have put in a hell of a lot of work on this 'campaign' and deserve great credit with the One Show / Watchdog being the latest and biggest impact.

Even though I think it was a little watered down as there are people who have had this occur at 40mph, it must have caused a damage to the brand in terms of potential sales. Arguably, far greater than the cost of issuing a recall like MB and Tesla.

I could be wrong,.but I suspect that a large chunk of the Evoque/DS market/demographic are quite conservative in nature and reports like this would potentially sway them away from the marque. I know some have drivers have already jumped ship as they don't want the risk and others who have looked to the German brands instead when purchasing.

It will be interesting to see if JLR finally address this now

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was interesting but no more than we already knew.
Yes a big thank you to the two girls on Facebook running the recall campaign, they really put some effort in.

There is real confusion now on the FB pages as some owners believe they have booked their Evoque or DS in at the local stealer to have the bolts changed as part of this recall.
They had to post to say this is not the case and we are still awaiting JLRs full response.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
It would appear that from midnight tonight the FB page is going into archive, apparently after yesterdays Watchdog show some members of that page having also read about N613 got the wrong end of the stick and emailed or phoned their dealers booking their cars in for the recall, some dealers said no recall exists(which it doesn't - yet) while other dealers booked people in for inspections leading those people to believe they've been booked in to have the recall work done, this created a lot of confusion and misinformation and it spread like wildfire and it all got a bit heated behind the scenes via PM's to Dawn and Samantha who run the group, apparently lots of name calling and insults which lead to Dawn(admin) to step back from the group, these two women have given up 3 months of their own time lobbying JLR, the DVSA, getting Watchdog involved, sending countless emails and making phone calls all at their expense and that is how some people show their appreciation, I'm sure it was no one from the EOC but a select few from the wider evoque ownership group.

So the fuse has been lit, lets see if all you L538 owners get your recall

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great summary Doink (y)

Reactions: Doink
1 - 10 of 10 Posts