Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great post Phil, good to hear you are still a happy bunny 9 years in.

That sounds like a great price for genuine JLR parts. Surprised to read that a practical chap like your self paid someone to replace your pads.
There‘s a super vid on YouTube of how to put the rear brakes in to maintenance mode, oh yes I remember now, that was your vid :)

Drive carefully and here’s to the next 9 years of Evoquing.
Thanks CBW, ha ha, yes cant believe I have new pads ready sitting in the garage as wasnt expecting them to do them, but guess they were doing the right thing as I'd asked them to MOT it and the fact I'd bought some shows that were getting low, oh well if they are genuine LR they'll need doing in another 25000, as that's about as long as the first ones lasted!

Be very pleased if its still going strong in 9 years from now... 🤞

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great thread this.

Mine's 7 in March and, touch wood, has been fine too. Always scared to say/admit that :oops:

I'm umming and ahhing about what to do r.e. timing belt myself. I'm only at 26k miles and it seems most parts of the world change at 9 years but here in the uk for some reason it's quoted as 7??!! thinking of splitting the difference and maybe leaving it another year.

Great to hear yours is still going strong (y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, assuming you still have that rather nice Zanzibar Dynamic SD4, it's supposed to be 7 years...

·
Super Moderator
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
clarki, at 26k miles unless you've ragged it i'd be inclined to leave it too, maybe next service just ask them to inspect it.

Reactions: clarki

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Is the timing belt change defined on mileage or age ?... I just assumed it would be miles 😳

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,644 Posts
Age and/or mileage @Donna

·
Super Moderator
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Donna,

From a servicing point of view yes both, same as oil etc, if you do the miles you may wear the belt out, if you leave it for time, the rubber may decay and crack.

But at 26k miles and 7 years, if it's not had a hard life, so a quick check if the belt looks good, you'd probably get away with it.

Normally the belts dont go, the water pump bearings go and seize stripping the belt or the tensioner bearing may also seize, or may loose tensioning capability, and they will be less prone to ageing, and is why you should change the pump and tensioner also.

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,553 Posts
Great thread this.

Mine's 7 in March and, touch wood, has been fine too. Always scared to say/admit that :oops:

I'm umming and ahhing about what to do r.e. timing belt myself. I'm only at 26k miles and it seems most parts of the world change at 9 years but here in the uk for some reason it's quoted as 7??!! thinking of splitting the difference and maybe leaving it another year.
I'd be sweating for that year just waiting for that belt to let go. Just saying. :eek::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,644 Posts
I was thinking that too. If you intend keeping the car I'd be doing it sooner rather than later, just in case.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts