Evoque Owners Club banner

7 years young!!

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Veteran 
#1 ·
Still love this car. They just look so good.

#10 ·
Too much wind noise with the roof open just a few inches I find

#5 ·
I enjoyed that @clarki (y)
I'm not convinced your mechanic is right about the steering rack bolts though. It's thought there's a recall in Canada due to the fail frequency with the more severe weather conditions causing corrosion.

I've read some people with low mileages have also had this problem (some on this forum) - but when you mention 'due to use' perhaps rather than just mileage it's also people that are more brutal with their steering, i.e. turning when completely stationary putting lots of force on the steering components?

NB. In your previous video you mention the bolts are "mild steel" - they are aluminium :)

You mention keeping your vehicle - I'm also happy with mine and usually keep a car for a long time. But I'm thinking it will be the Euro5 engine that will force me to change - especially living in the South East where they are lots of low emission zones :(

Don't forget to update your forum profile with your Evoque year and spec to make it easy for people to see what you have.

#6 ·
Your mechanic is wrong .......its formally been documented that the issue is corrosion which weakens the aluminium bolt and it then sheers, nothing to do with use other than type of use / location is probably a factor in how fast it corrodes hence the recall in canada where they experience more salt roads than in the UK.............the official “fix” ie as fitted by Bosch who supply the racks is to fit Steel Bolts which is what people have been buying to retrofit and what JLR will use as part of a new rack / motor

#7 · (Edited)
Some stick back foam strip put behind the trim usually fixes rattles and squeaks. Get the stuff at B&Q stores. Agree hanging onto the Evoque for a long time makes sense to get your moneys worth. I had mine (a 2012 SD4) for nearly 6 years, no problems except for a replacement back door lock solinoid under warranty.

As for steering column bolt fault, all car manufactures go out their way not to make common faults a recall, as it costs them money, yet are common faults as seen on car forums.

#9 ·
Well after just over 7 years of ownership yesterday my Evoque drove off into the sunset.

Was sad to see it go, great car that served me well and just looked so good in that colour. But the crazy prices being offered for these right now meant it was time to move on.

Not sure what it will be replaced with (currently using a 2013 Yaris we have) or when, but not sure it'll be another Evoque tbh. Probably a hot hatch of some description.

Thanks for all your help over the years (y)

#12 ·
Actually…

Building Skyscraper Daytime Sky Window

Fixed Roof

Automotive tire Window Motor vehicle Automotive design Sunroof

Opening roof.

#15 ·
#14 ·
Back in 1979 (when I returned from the Middle East) I bought an old mini with a fixed roof, retro fitted a sun roof, so it could be possible! 😁

Reactions: DKZ5745
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.