Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help.

I took delivery of a new 69 plate Evoque a couple of months back and swiftly returned it to the dealer a couple of days in as Apple CarPlay was not installed (according to JLR Website, this comes as standard) on all new models.

A few days later, I got a call from my local dealer advising it had now been installed and the car was ready to collect. I arrived at the dealer and well, it wasnt installed. They called out a tech to "show me how to use it"... he concluded that something must've gone wrong during the install and they'll need to hold back the car for diagnosis. The next morning, I received a call advising that "sorry, its not actually supported" and that there's nothing I can do - I collected the car and drove off shortly after (at that time, new car excitement > problem).

I contacted JLR on twitter, provided the VIN, and they advised that it's not available due to 'Touch Pro Services' not being installed and that it's 'unable to be retrofitted'.

Is the above true and if so, is there anyway to retrofit a new system?

Software version on the car currently is S19B_

Thanks!

A

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like total cobblers. My 17 plate has it.

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
I had it retro installed on my 17 plate HSE Dynamic delux.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
This is nonsense as all new Evoques have Carplay/Android auto as standard.
Mine came with 19A and had it, it's now on 19C and still has it.
Touch pro services are standard as well.
When you took delivery the dealer should have set up your incontrol account to give you the app etc.
That will show in the settings menu what services you have.
I think you need to get Jaguar Customer Services involved as this just isn't right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, and welcome!
FWIW, Apple CarPlay does not come as a standard on all New Evoque (MY2020) models - you need the Smartphone Pack and that comes only on S, SE and HSE packs. If you have the "simple" Evoque build (i.e. no S, SE or HSE, and no First Edition), then you don't have Apple Car Play... (at least not in Switzerland)

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
Must admit I always thought it was an option. Though it can be added later If requested and paid for, unless you can wangle a complimentary upgrade.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just checked the online configurator and can confirm the Smartphone Pack which includes Carplay and Android Auto is standard fit on all UK Evoques.
Even the base spec one.
:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK so I checked the Land Rover UK site and stand corrected, Smartphone pack is indeed a standard feature on all UK Evoques, from the most basic one, for MY2020 cars. So if yours is a MY2020 you should definitely go back to JLR and complain.

Edit: same as @PhilB

Sorry for the confusion, I guess JLR thinks Swiss users are rich so they might just as well pay ... lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
So out of curiosity I checked both the German and French configurators and can confirm that the Smartphone Pack is not available on the basic model in these countries.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I guess JLR thinks Swiss users are rich so they might just as well pay ... lol
:D
There are some very weird differences in specs of the same model JLR cars across different European countries.
Some like phone/infotainment etc can be understandable but others you have a bit of a WTF moment!
It's not an issue on here where we have the flags but on other forums if people don't show their locations things can get very confusing!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks @PhilB for your understanding!

I'm wondering just now whether our OP @AFox97 might have a non-UK Evoque, it would explain the missing CarPlay...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all - this info will help put together a compelling case to JLR.

The online warranty check reports MY2020, model L551

I'll keep this thread updated with their responses

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just typed up the email and found out whilst getting the facts together that it's also lacking cruise control, speed limiter, heated rear mirror and a few other bits and pieces

Jheeeeeeeezzzz... I think I'll dump this car back on their doorstep tomorrow ??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Register and put your details in and Topix will list what you have on your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update:

My car is a 20.25MY where the smartphone pack was an optional extra on the base vehicle.

Apparently, the Smartphone pack was only standardised on 20.50MY, which is where the base price of the vehicle increased. The 20.25MY lacks the necessary infrastructure (in my config, 2020 R-Dynamic D180 AWD) for car play to be supported.

All of the transactions relating to the purchase of this car just refer to it by name official name - the model year is never specified. CarPlay was an influencing factor when I chose the car. At the time of purchase, there was one available in stock - great, right? A 14-week wait reduced down to 5 days... SOLD!

Thoughts anyone - should I just give up and get a phone holder lol?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts