Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was told the the new RRE have 145 computing modules on the car !.

That looks like it's got a micro processor in it, if you are thinking of using it again you need to wash the PCB off with say methylated spirits with a small new fine paint brush, keep away from the sensor area !, You need to remove any of the Aluminum oxidation and also out of the case, put in in an oven for an hour at 60 to 80c , coat it with say WD40 , but not on the sensor.

Make a new gasket, I would then use Silicone Grease (or ordinary grease if you have none) on the gasket .

I would NOT recommend using a Silicone rubber sealer for the gasket as it contains a mild acid which will start the oxidation off again.

Before you finally assemble it test it on the car !.

Reactions: Jeli

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was told the the new RRE have 145 computing modules on the car !.

That looks like it's got a micro processor in it, if you are thinking of using it again you need to wash the PCB off with say methylated spirits with a small new fine paint brush, keep away from the sensor area !, You need to remove any of the Aluminum oxidation and also out of the case, put in in an oven for an hour at 60 to 80c , coat it with say WD40 , but not on the sensor.

Make a new gasket, I would then use Silicone Grease (or ordinary grease if you have none) on the gasket .

I would NOT recommend using a Silicone rubber sealer for the gasket as it contains a mild acid which will start the oxidation off again.

Before you finally assemble it test it on the car !.
Thanks for this information @EvoMike. What would you suggest to make the new gasket with?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Corn flake packet cardboard, I would place it over the metal part were it is going and use a small ballpein hammer and you tap it over the the area you need to cut the gasket, or failing that a steady hand and some good scissors.

Reactions: Jeli

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Corn flake packet cardboard, I would place it over the metal part were it is going and use a small ballpein hammer and you tap it over the the area you need to cut the gasket, or failing that a steady hand and some good scissors.
I did wonder if you were going to suggest cardboard. The oem one is rubber and obvs allowed moisture in over time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So finally got my obdII cable and diags software. Run a scan and now know it looks like the front right height sensor is goosed. Throwing CA104-14 and U043A-68.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's the adaptive fault fixed by changing the ride height sensor. 20 minute job and left the wheel on. Used an old wooden sleeper to lift the car a bit and gave me enough room.

One 8mm bolt. Pop the cable fastner out the old bracket and wiggle the sensor off the suspension arm. Unclip the wiring.

Part £46
OBD cable and diagnostics £30

Now to try cooking the reverse camera in the oven 😂

Evoque sure does get rusty underneath.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts