Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Tonight we went out to give our boxer a good walk in the woods and to get there we have to travel on a duel carriage way.
Anyways I've had the car 3 weeks now and i was driving along and thought I'd have a look at my Mpg but my instant mpg was hovering between 30-32mpg (cruising at 58mph in 6th)so I reset the trip and put it to average mpg and after a while it calculated it at the same 30-32mpg.
I was due to turn off the duel carriageway and onto a b Road so I put my foot down and accelerated hard through the gears and now it's back to normal if not better

Is this normal does it need clearing out now and again the evo doesn't get used in the week just weekends
Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
Your DPF may have been regenerating, kills the mpg temporarily, so a clearout... but not of your doing!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Sorry about the tardy reply!

I had exactly the same experience - getting low 30s mpg on a motorway journey that I normally get 45+.

Next trip it was back to normal (mid 40's) so it was just 'clearing' itself, having done several short trips between the two motorway trips.

So, nothing to worry about - this is normal!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's come to something when even cars need a good "cough n spit" to clear their lungs. Sounds like my old granny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts