Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been told today at Timpsons that it’s a bad idea to change the key battery myself, because you only have three seconds to get the new battery in before the whole system resets itself. It doesn’t seem to mention this in any of the instruction guides I’ve looked at. Does anyone know if that’s right?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,916 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've changed mine with no problems and not in any rush - so I would ignore that :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ive changed mine and my spare. No problem with either.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I took mine out, went up the shop, bought one and fitted it. No problem.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Doubt if they could change it in 3 seconds ... I believe the term talking out there arse comes into play?

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
I replaced the whole case which involves hot melting pegs and full disassembly, so yes they are using a generic "dont do it it might go wrong" attitude.

Since the battery will go flat at some point, it would then render the key useless if the system no longer recognised it, so just tall tales.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,595 Posts
3 seconds --- not really believable/credible, but then again you were talking to Timpsons, they seem to be in another time zone sometimes with their advice.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
.......... and their pricing eg watch batteries charge 3 times the going rate even more if they talk you into their guarantee?

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
They’d say leave it with us & come back in an hour, then charge you about £10 plus the battery!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts