Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I'm pleased to sayEvolution VT are offering all club members 25% off aScorpion Track ST50 tracking system.

It's Thatcham Category 6 rated and is accepted by all the UK's insurance companies. It comes with a 5 year warranty and is transferable from vehicle to vehicle if you decide to sell up. It also offers an online tracking capability so you can make sure that it is still where it should be. Another bonus with this system is that it works in the UK, Europe and the Republic of Ireland.

All in all it's a very capable system. RRP is £399 including installation and configuration. For our club Evolution VT can offer a 25% discount which includes full installation by a fully trained mobile engineer.

The only other cost involved is the subscription on the unit. You can choose to pay £130 per year or £350 which covers you for the time it is installed in the current vehicle. If you choose to transfer the unit to a new vehicle you have to start a new subscription.

Currently, ScorpionTrack offer the cheapest subscription of all the tracking companies in the UK.

For more information please contact and mention the Evoque Owners Club:

Member:[email protected]
Tel: 0800 4488706
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Gavin,Is the Scorpion Track ST50 systemcompatiblewith the Evoque? I was told by my dealer that only the Trackstar has been fully tested for the Evoque and other systems may not be suitable due to all the cleverelectronicson the car. The Trackstar has been quoted as £499 + subscription, but advantage is that it can be fitted whilst the car is PDi'd.

Regards

·
Registered
361 Posts
I too have recently heard this....trakstar is the offical installation due to the complex nature of fitting such a system into the evoque.....I made such a question to my " gods at be " at our dealership and the above response was given

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trackstar had major issues with their unit because of the system noise it generated. This is due to the fact that it is an older style unit with less interference suppression. They had to go out and redesign a box especially for the Evoque.Fortunately the Scorpiontrack is a much newer spec unit. It has a very high standard of suppression so it doesn't cause any of the problems that the Trackstar had. It is 100% compatible with the Evoque as we have done a few now and made sure there weren't any issues.

The issue they had related to the DAB system. It picked up the GSM chatter and this caused issues with reception.

Gav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jake said:
Mortz, my dealer has happily fitted a Tracker Monitor to my SD4 Prestige. Might I have problems ?

No the Trackstar units are the only ones that seem to have had any issues with the Evoque. Tracker monitor's are fine. The only issue you may have in the future is that many insurance companies don't accept Tracker Monitor's on luxury vehicles. It is classed as a single technology unit since it doesn't have any form of GPS capability.

Gavin

Edited by: [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone any thoughts on the Cobra Trak5 system ? It uses a card deactivate system, ie you need to have the card with you in the vehicle at all times.If the vehicle is stolen (ie without the card being present)the device immediately alerts the control centre who then contact you -- rather than waiting for you to contact them, which may be several hours later if stolen overnight for example. It also, under police/ alarm centrecontrol, hasthe ability toswitch off the ignition.I believe dealers will fit for 515 pounds which appears to be approx 300 pounds cheaper than a Cobra franchaised outlet. It can also be transferred to anothervehicle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone know if most insurance companies demmand a tracker for this car? They did on my BMW X5 but I have yet to enquire about my ordered Evoque.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Craven, my insurance company did not require one for my policy, but did when I though of getting a RRS before I decided on the RRE. I was told they consider it at £50k and over, but I paid £45k and never asked. The dealer was trying to scare me into a Land Rover approve Trackstar at around £500 plus subscription, but decided as the insurance company did not ask for one, i would not go with one. As mentioned on another message thread, be careful when choosing your provider as some cheaper ones do not cover the pan roof. I checked with mine and they cover all the glass. Location may also be a factor to the insurance company, I am in a rural location, low risk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi ,
As far as I am aware the insurance companies only stipulation is that the vehicle is fitted with an Thatcham approved alarm. Take a look on their website for the various categories. It makes for interesting reading. I've had Tracker systems on Porsches but for some reason the insurance companies I was with didn't give any discounts ---- the same when enquiring about the Evoque (different company). My reason for contempalting one is purely for the retrieval opportunity --- especially as the vehicle is so much in demand and in short supply. Before taking delivery in a couple of months though, I'll do a bit more research into those that possibly do.

Cheers,

DBR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts