Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t know if anyone else has had this but we have a rattle coming from drivers side air vent but can’t find where it’s coming from, it’s been into dealers twice but they say it’s fixed but first drive out it’s back, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is interested I found the rattle!!!
I have suffered this annoying rattle for nearly a year and told by Land Rover it’s coming from behind the dash and would need it removing to investigate 😤
Today I decided to try find it myself !!!
5 hours later it’s fixed, was coming from the two air con pipes coming from the engine bay, it’s like driving a different car now, shame on you Land Rover for not giving a [email protected]£k was two pins away from trading it in for another make as it drowned out the radio 😤

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
@Mable Good to hear that (y)

Rattles can be tricky and painful!
Perhaps post a photo showing the pipes in case it helps others?

I had a Discovery from new and the fan belt always made a racket. Most of them did!
Pulling in to the work car park with my new expensive pride and joy became embarrassing.
LR just kept changing the serpentine belts under warranty or replacing the idler tensioner. Then they thought it was due to underseal from the factory getting into the pulley grooves at one point - but that wasn't it.

I eventually had the quietest 300tdi around :)
I gave up on LR and found someone on the internet who had found the answer. There was a problem with some engine block castings and putting a small shim behind the tensioner fixed things by changing the alignment - so one scrap of metal later I was all sorted, it was like driving a different vehicle :)

Reactions: Mable

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll take a pic tomorrow, it’s such an easy fix if you know where to go 🤔

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F7D42B6A-BA28-4FE7-989C-A3B81A071CC6.jpeg
BC54ED97-D4E3-42DD-9598-778F16686F77.jpeg

Left hand side engine bay two air con pipes, Two foam packets rattle gone 😁

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Having got an irritating rattle on mine, I'll take a look at that.

Rattle on mine is on the passenger side and only does it when I go over certain types of bumps/road surfaces - very annoying!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts