Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Evoque R Dynamic SE D180 Eiger Grey
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wonder if anyone could help. My husband decided to open my tailgate just a little bit to leave some air in ready for my dog to get in. I’ve tried pressing the button on the key and the car and I can’t get it to open remotely. If I open it manually I can close it with the key or button on tailgate.
I have read other posts that suggest pressing the button on tailgate for 15 seconds I’ve tried this but it didn’t work. Any ideas? Or had anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
76 Posts
had this on mine and it was because the battery was low, after a run it all started working as normal.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
I agree with Mable. Low battery voltage. Charge the battery and all should be well again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here. Low battery. It will work again after a good run!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
Hi wonder if anyone could help. My husband decided to open my tailgate just a little bit to leave some air in ready for my dog to get in. I’ve tried pressing the button on the key and the car and I can’t get it to open remotely. If I open it manually I can close it with the key or button on tailgate.
I have read other posts that suggest pressing the button on tailgate for 15 seconds I’ve tried this but it didn’t work. Any ideas? Or had anyone had the same problem?
Welcome to the forum.
"My husband decided to open my tailgate just a little bit" - I'm not sure how he did that with the powered option? There's a chance you may have upset the opening settings? The Owners Handbook has details on resetting things if this is the case and it's not just a low battery thing.

·
Registered
2019 Evoque R Dynamic SE D180 Eiger Grey
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Hadn’t even occurred to me that it could be the battery. Just took the car for 30 minute drive and it’s all sorted!!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hi Suzipitt1, glad you got the tailgate sorted.
Now you can see the value of this excellent forum.

To help with future questions you may have, can you put your car details (year, model, extras etc.,) in your signature, please. (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
112 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
"My husband decided to open my tailgate just a little bit" - I'm not sure how he did that with the powered option? There's a chance you may have upset the opening settings? The Owners Handbook has details on resetting things if this is the case and it's not just a low battery thing.
No, it does that when the battery is low. You press the button and it unlocks and opens the boot lid by a couple of inches, then stops. You can then move it manually. All normal for a low battery. (y)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know it is likely linked to the lockdown etc but why don't JLR just use more suitable batteries, especially on the higher spec versions that are power hungry. 🤦‍♂️

1 - 10 of 10 Posts