Evoque Owners Club banner

2018 Range Rover Evoque L538

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Smufinns 
#1 ·
Just bough my first Range Rover Evoque and it has only done 11000 miles on a 2018 plate. Within two weeks of taking delivery I have had to take it back to the garage I purchased it from. The main issue was noise coming from rear when power applied. Garage diagnosed rear diff may need flushing/ software updated/ Reset ? . Front wheel bearing noisy. Telematics control unit to replace as Land Rover servers can’t connect to the car to remove previous owner from incontrol system. As it’s still under warranty booked in with main dealer and they want it for up to four days. Beginning to wonder after only two weeks I have made a mistake buying Range Rover.
Anyone had experience of diff noise and if solved.

#2 ·
Hi Ragnar, I bought my 2015 Dynamic lux over 2 years ago. I thought I had a noisy rear wheel bearing on the drive back from Kent where it was purchased . It went Straight into Guy Salmon in Bristol who said. It is not a wheel bearing it is road noise, so the tyre was replaced, noise still there it is a diff bearing, so the diif was renewed. Still noisy so the wheel bearing was replaced. Then reduced performance 2 wheel drive only, so the Haldex unit was replaced, Guess what. The noise is still there 2 years on. The Technician (who is brilliant) even took the wheels off of his own Evoque to try on mine & that made no difference, he has spent many hours on this problem but in the end he has said " Some Evoques have this noise & some don't we cannot find any problem. Owning an Evoque is like having 3 wives. You know there will be a problem but you don't know when. I have also had a new turbo, new fuel tank shields, new throttle body, 2 new batteries +. My 2 year warranty has expired but knowing what has happened over the last 2 years I did not want to be without a warranty so I have purchased a 3 year warranty from Warrantywise. I still think it is a great motor & enjoy the drive, just a shame that JLR cannot get their act together & produce a motor which has a better build quality & is more reliable. Good luck & enjoy.(y)(y)

#4 ·
Could be a heatshield or an exhaust baffle come loose but both would have been easy to spot but.........:unsure: hmmm maybe!

#5 ·
Just bough my first Range Rover Evoque and it has only done 11000 miles on a 2018 plate. Within two weeks of taking delivery I have had to take it back to the garage I purchased it from. The main issue was noise coming from rear when power applied. Garage diagnosed rear diff may need flushing/ software updated/ Reset ? . Front wheel bearing noisy. Telematics control unit to replace as Land Rover servers can’t connect to the car to remove previous owner from incontrol system. As it’s still under warranty booked in with main dealer and they want it for up to four days. Beginning to wonder after only two weeks I have made a mistake buying Range Rover.
Anyone had experience of diff noise and if solved.
Ragnar, one year later how has things worked out for you? Haven’t read through all the post yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.