Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Evoquers,

As I wrote in my presentation, I own a 2018 Evoque, 2.0 150hp AT9. White on the outside and... on the inside! :angel:

Soon I will post some pics.

I am not quite sure about the version and specs, even though I have accessed the specs list, I can't tell if it came with some kind of pack or just standard.

For now I started a gloss black wrapping, mirror covers and front lip, rear lower diffuser will be next. I am still wondering if I go for full black roof or if it's too much!

I have ordered white LEDs for foot lights and rear inner lights (it's weird that only center lights are LED).

Future mod would be rear dynamic bumper, we'll see.

So I will post photos soon and ask you for som tips and review!

·
Super Moderator
10,803 Posts
PolarBear hasn't been back on in 5 months so doubt you'll get an answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I've been quite "offline" the last months.
However, it means that now I have a lot of updates to tell!

Mods update:

-Gloss black:
*wing mirrors (looks perfect, not so chunky mirrors anymore)
*roof (car looks much smaller now... I am divided between what I think it's best)
*front under-tray, rear diffuser (rear one make the rear much more sportive)
- Stained outside trims: painted in matte grey (plastic dip), they look amazing.
-White LED: all the interior ones that were yellow (approved, very modern now)
-since we need winter tires here and the car came only with one set of wheels, I got original LR wheels for winter. It was a very good deal, they are the first gen 5 spoke ones. They are in mint condition and it's 19" also! Not my favorite design but here we must have original wheels or some wheels with a specific certificate. Usually they start at 1k, I got these in Italy for 450 =)
-all other upgrades are in stand by.

Just did thee 2 year service, I had a very good feedback regarding the car's condition. 2 software updates were done, the camera doesn't crash anymore! Coolant system was checked since I detected a low level too often. Pressure is good, they said it should have been some air inside.... let's see!

Yesterday I went to clean the engine bay (must be shining in my cars) and I noticed a couple of issues.I will post some photos so maybe you can help:

• There is a missing rubber ring in the engine cover. Two front ones are there, the rear one doesn't exist anymore.
  • There is a screw missing in the in what I think to be the turbo heat shield I can see al the other black head screws in place and on this one there is only the hole! Factory failure?
  • When is it supposed the intanke airfilter to be changed? Tey didn't in this service and it looks quite dirty...
So, I would like to know if you know where to order the little parts missins (air filter I can find plenty).

Thanks and sorry for the long absence!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well it sounds like you have been busy it’s no wonder you haven’t had time to post on here in the last few months.
You’ll have to put up some pictures of all your Evoque mods it would be good to see All your hard work.
Not sure about your missing screws and bits, but the air filter should be changed at every service according to the JLR service spec.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am planning washing it soon. Interior and engine are shining (virus isolation gives me plenty of time), so I will take some photos after!

Meanwhile I am investigating on the missing parts. I strongly suspect that the engine cover rubber nut only comes with the full engine cover. This nut fits the stud and I only find the cover and studs for sale and in the explained diagrams.

The missing the heat shield screw I am struggling trying to understand the diagrams. There are 3 or 4 options of screws, I can't really understand which one is missing, I will order the LR071777 .

Air filter on the way soon!

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts