Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
Reactions: kobe

·
Registered
2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
@MattyD44 : Did you finally manage to get them to update your software? I am currently going through the same process. The dealership have me booked in next week.
Yes, was done today - now on 19b as they haven’t done the Smartpack upgrade among a list of other fixes! SOTA was showing before I left the dealership again though!

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
136 Posts
I have a MY17 with 10.2” screen and the SIM card slot with usbs and hdmi and I have just been told that my vehicle is not eligible for the update either!
Makes no sense to me!!

I do also have an outstanding query with LR customer service as mines is an HSE Dynamic Lux but doesn’t have the TV tuner or dual view...do t really care about them but do want Car Play and SOTA!

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
I got mine done back in January. Franchise specific reasons perhaps. Also depends what ICU you have which can vary defending on batch (apparently) and varies within MYs

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a MY17 with 10.2” screen and the SIM card slot with usbs and hdmi and I have just been told that my vehicle is not eligible for the update either!
Makes no sense to me!!

I do also have an outstanding query with LR customer service as mines is an HSE Dynamic Lux but doesn’t have the TV tuner or dual view...do t really care about them but do want Car Play and SOTA!
Re the dual view and TV tuner I don’t think they where standard on any model in MY 2017 ie I have an autobiography and had to pay for them as options ;-)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re the dual view and TV tuner I don’t think they where standard on any model in MY 2017 ie I have an autobiography and had to pay for them as options ;-)
Ohh...ok. The brochures I found from 2017 seemed to suggest that TV was included. Will see what CS say

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,248 Posts
TV was only standard on Dynamic Lux until MY16. Not sure about the Autobiography.

·
Registered
432 Posts
From memory it was standard on the Autobiography until MY17 as well ie I assumed it was standard when I ordered mine and only realised by going through the brochure that it was not and had to pay for it as an option

·
Registered
136 Posts
From memory it was standard on the Autobiography until MY17 as well ie I assumed it was standard when I ordered mine and only realised by going through the brochure that it was not and had to pay for it as an option
Will need to find the link to the 2017 brochure I found and put it up. Definitely says it’s standard!

Not saying you’re all wrong as my car definitely agrees with you lol but just annoying!:LOL:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah they aren’t standard on the MY17 HSE Dynamic

Proof they aren’t, see below the specsheet points for my MY17 HSE dynamic from JLR (LESS means not included basically)

LESS TV Receiver

LESS TV Tuner

·
Registered
432 Posts
Will need to find the link to the 2017 brochure I found and put it up. Definitely says it’s standard!

Not saying you’re all wrong as my car definitely agrees with you lol but just annoying!:LOL:
Lol, my invoice says they where not standard :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here you go ......
If you go to page 81 of that brochure you will see the Lux pack (as there is no HSE Dynamic Lux model in the headings) and it says it has the TV.
I also have one which does have the HSE Dynamic Lux with the TV noted as standard.
All in all....very confusing lol

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The weird thing is when I look at that brochure now it is inaccurate for the autobiography ie for that lux pack its says some things are already standard on the autobiography but not others yet almost all are eg traffic sign recognition .......also else where in the brochure eg electric gesture tailgate ............these where all standard but the brochure implies not :unsure: Ie I have the opposite to you with more not less than the brochure says:ROFLMAO:....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Interesting as when I ordered mine in Feb 2017 it was a rush order as I needed a car for March and called in a few favours.......I originally specced a HSE but with so many options I wanted it worked out cheaper to buy the autobiography (well with some man maths applied it did).......I specifically remember that the HSE never had a standard 360 degree camera and it was only available as standard on the autobiography.........it was that, the top range Meridian and something else that tipped the logic to the autobiography.......so in Feb 2017 at least there was no “lux” version of the HSE marketed as a model.......obviously you could order a HSE with the lux pack but it was not a separate model designation as per your brochure pic........when was it made in 17........must have been added later to the range ?......presumably your in the higher tax band from April 2017 (I assume you know that)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Interesting as when I ordered mine in Feb 2017 it was a rush order as I needed a car for March and called in a few favours.......I originally specced a HSE but with so many options I wanted it worked out cheaper to buy the autobiography (well with some man maths applied it did).......I specifically remember that the HSE never had a standard 360 degree camera and it was only available as standard on the autobiography.........it was that, the top range Meridian and something else that tipped the logic to the autobiography.......so in Feb 2017 at least there was no “lux” version of the HSE marketed as a model.......obviously you could order a HSE with the lux pack but it was not a separate model designation as per your brochure pic........when was it made in 17........must have been added later to the range ?......presumably your in the higher tax band from April 2017 (I assume you know that)
I’m actually just out of the higher tax bracket. Registered 27th March...that was a requirement as I refused to spend and extra grand on tax over the time I plan to keep the car!
It was build date 16th March according to Topix build sheet.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I’m actually just out of the higher tax bracket. Registered 27th March...that was a requirement as I refused to spend and extra grand on tax over the time I plan to keep the car!
It was build date 16th March according to Topix build sheet.
Perfect.....march was even more popular than normal as it was the one month window to get the new 17 plate and much lower tax bracket......a lot of people never realise until after they buy the car but I always figured a car with that very short registration window sold properly would sell easier ......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Perfect.....march was even more popular than normal as it was the one month window to get the new 17 plate and much lower tax bracket......a lot of people never realise until after they buy the car but I always figured a car with that very short registration window sold properly would sell easier ......
Yes, it really was the sweet spot for buying a new car, especially an Evoque!

61 - 80 of 85 Posts