Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

Registered
MY17~ED4~Corris Grey~20"Alloys~PanoRoof~ PwrTailgate~10"Screen~DVD~Meridian~360Cam's~ InControlProt
My MY17 (10" screen with no buttons) with 2 x USB ports only (no HDMI or SIM card slot) is in for service with JLR today and they said they'd also attempt Apple Car Play upgrade, I'm just waiting on a call that I'm now 100% sure will say that my car is not compatible for the upgrade. Now to try and find someone in the UK that is able to do exactly what @Biker has had done....it looks great! 馃憤

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
馃槀

Registered
I found him, but he said it was his week off 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
233D89B5-E11C-4808-91F6-578E9F84AABD.jpeg

Registered
MY17~ED4~Corris Grey~20"Alloys~PanoRoof~ PwrTailgate~10"Screen~DVD~Meridian~360Cam's~ InControlProt
As expected...not sure what they are referring to as 鈥淪DD鈥. Not had a chance to speak to them yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
It is weird that they changed to the Pro widescreen hardware and then changed the "hidden" hardware again within a matter of a few months and within MY versions ........I'm not complaining as I ended up with the Smartphone pack after purchasing knowing it did not have it originally......you would have thought they would have changed everything at once ....but no

Its why I like my 90's car so much....it has indicators, a light switch and about 5 other buttons....job done, no messing and they all work the same as they left the factory 24 years ago 馃槃

Registered
MY15 2.2L
As expected...not sure what they are referring to as 鈥淪DD鈥. Not had a chance to speak to them yet...

SDD (symptom driven diagnostics) is LR's diagnostics system.
Not very friendly language to use when talking to a customer.

So I guess while it was plugged in it couldn't do any other updates.

Registered
I hear you @Jonttt, it's ridiculous!

Thanks @HmmmUK. The car was in for a regular service so they probably had the diagnosis plugged in for that. You'd think they'd attempt the Apple Car Play upgrade after and not failing it due to a diagnostic reader being connected. Sounds lazy to me. Whilst I'm sure that it won't work....i'll still go back to them tomorrow to see what they have to say as they still have the car. Will keep you posted.

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto

That鈥檚 a lie. My car runs on SDD and I had the update applied by my local dealer last month. It could vary by franchise however. Mine is Stratstone LR.

Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
To add to @Jonttt bottom line: Or mount phone on dash to use Android

The Oz guy mounted an ipad like device to the dash of a 1994 RangeRover, added a steering wheel from a freelander I think that allows him to then skip through tracks on music etc with the buttons on steering wheel. Also added reverse camera for the Rangie.

Anyhow, adding the custom harness as mentioned is the easy bit. But not to upset the apple cart (no pun intended), but if you do a google search for CCF software + evoque + co.uk ......just putting it out there. :sneaky:

Registered
Stop it, I鈥檝e been known to get addicted to modifying configuration files .........I don鈥檛 want to look :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Biker

Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
Here is the old low line part - free to a good home 馃槤

Registered
馃槀 鈥.......鈥

Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
Stop it, I鈥檝e been known to get addicted to modifying configuration files .........I don鈥檛 want to look :ROFLMAO:
Just wait till you see the version of this for non Newbies..

Registered
So this is the feedback I got from JLR: "we cannot confirm exactly why the apple car play cannot be installed. It goes off chassis number and it is not available for your vehicle unfortunately."

Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
So this is the feedback I got from JLR: "we cannot confirm exactly why the apple car play cannot be installed. It goes off chassis number and it is not available for your vehicle unfortunately."
They've obviously gone to a lot of trouble to come up with that reason :rolleyes:

Registered
Which franchise have you asked?

Registered
I used Stratstone who installed mine last month

Registered
@JackJ I'm guessing you have the SIM card slot / HDMI port?

41 - 60 of 85 Posts