Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a 2017 (67 UK plate) Evoque HSE TD4 and I'm looking into ensuring the InControl Pro software is up to date. After searching online I'm constantly finding videos of carrying out the SOTA updates but my unit does not give that option. When I enter 'All Settings', I only only the following sub-menus:

-General
-Features
-Languages and keyboards

I've read that the car needs 18B version software at minmum but that there is no way of checking without the diagnostic tools etc and I've no idea when 18B was released.

Its definitely an InControl Pro 10.2" screen so I should be able to update somehow.

Does anyone have any more information or guidance or am I best just going back to the dealership? It was Guy Salmon in Bristol if that helps.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Welcome mate!

It’s going to be a whole world of pain if you want to do this on the MY17 as I’ve literally just experienced this past week -https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/threads/apple-carplay-on-my17.16931/

Essentially you will need a dealer to update your system to include the smartphone pack and your main screen will be 3 blocks and not 4 that I assume it is now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome mate!

It’s going to be a whole world of pain if you want to do this on the MY17 as I’ve literally just experienced this past week -https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/threads/apple-carplay-on-my17.16931/

Essentially you will need a dealer to update your system to include the smartphone pack and your main screen will be 3 blocks and not 4 that I assume it is now.

Good luck!
Thanks mate!

I was worried that this would be the case! I suspect I’ll use the ‘Bluetooth’ issue as extra justification (along with the foggy reverse camera issue).

Did you end up having to contribute anything towards the work?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You will need to make sure its had the oil dilution software update .....it should show as an outstanding recall on the online service history if its not had it......basically there should be 3 software updates its had :
  • service criteria update (so that it does not trigger oil dilution as early)
  • user interface update (this adds Software over air update facility)
  • Smartphone pack add on (offered free by JLR)
As per the other thread linked to you will need to check your car can be updated for the last 2......given you bought from a JLR dealer you should be able to easily check these have been added and get them done FOC if not........the first two should have been done as part of a service....the smartphone pack is on request and not automatic......it appears that most dealers need “educating” on this which is frustrating !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will need to make sure its had the oil dilution software update .....it should show as an outstanding recall on the online service history if its not had it......basically there should be 3 software updates its had :
  • service criteria update (so that it does not trigger oil dilution as early)
  • user interface update (this adds Software over air update facility)
  • Smartphone pack add on (offered free by JLR)
As per the other thread linked to you will need to check your car can be updated for the last 2......given you bought from a JLR dealer you should be able to easily check these have been added and get them done FOC if not........the first two should have been done as part of a service....the smartphone pack is on request and not automatic......it appears that most dealers need “educating” on this which is frustrating !
Thanks for those details!

I’ve checked the online service history and there are no ‘outstanding alerts’ so would that suggest that there are no recalls outstanding?

Will contact JLR on the other 2 later on.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Do you have a SIM card slot? If not, it can’t be done

·
Registered
275 Posts
SIM slot, 2 x USB 3.0 and 1 x HDMI MHL
That’s promising - you should be able to get the Smartphone pack etc then. Don’t expect it to be a straight forward request so have some degree of patience with them lol good luck!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s promising - you should be able to get the Smartphone pack etc then. Don’t expect it to be a straight forward request so have some degree of patience with them lol good luck!!
Thanks for the help - will report back with an update when I get one!

·
Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
104 Posts
Do you have a SIM card slot? If not, it can’t be done
Tomorrow is D Day for them trying to retrofit the SIM card slot interface on mine - connection pack 036AA.
Do you know anyone who has either had it done or been told it's not possible?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are you getting it done so you can then get the smartphone pack?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are you getting it done so you can then get the smartphone pack?
My issue is Navigation Pro at the moment - haven't discovered the smartphone problem yet - I'm new :)
Just had a phone call from my local dealer saying the retrofit can't be done on my 2017 SE- or at least that's what they've told folk before (they think)
Disappointing

·
Registered
275 Posts
😩

Reactions: johnny crossan

·
Registered
104 Posts
just put this on another thread
Thanks very much for the update. I've woven some of your helpful detail into my current exchange with the dealer who has been asked to retrofit this part - a dialogue which seems to be going rapidly downhill as it's with the technician supposed to do the job tomorrow I think. Don't think he fancies it. 😕
Just got this email

Good afternoon,
I have confirmed with both the workshop and the parts department and unfortunately this is not possible. The main head unit (screen), GPS antenna and centre console interface are wired completely differently to incorporate SIM cards. Not to mention the software the car left the factory with is set up differently. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.....

Looks like a missing LVDS Cable and the other bits, together with the need for a reboot, constitute everything being so 'completely different' as to render a

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a 2017 (67 UK plate) Evoque HSE TD4 and I'm looking into ensuring the InControl Pro software is up to date. After searching online I'm constantly finding videos of carrying out the SOTA updates but my unit does not give that option. When I enter 'All Settings', I only only the following sub-menus:

-General
-Features
-Languages and keyboards

I've read that the car needs 18B version software at minmum but that there is no way of checking without the diagnostic tools etc and I've no idea when 18B was released.

Its definitely an InControl Pro 10.2" screen so I should be able to update somehow.

Does anyone have any more information or guidance or am I best just going back to the dealership? It was Guy Salmon in Bristol if that helps.

Thanks in advance :)
Do you have a SIM Card slot in the centre armrest cubby box interface?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do. 2 x USB 3.0 and a HDMI input too
That's what is needed to solve the problem I think, unfortunately not present in my 2017 MY SE Tech Plus. Apparently the current body harness won't accommodate a retrofitted interface upgrade like yours. 16 hrs to change it - £3k minimum I've just been told by LR Solihull .

·
Registered
2 Posts
@MattyD44 : Did you finally manage to get them to update your software? I am currently going through the same process. The dealership have me booked in next week.

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
60 Posts
This is my setup. And I got the upgrade to allow for SOTA updates. I've done one so far via my phone hotspot wireless network (It took over half an hour for car to recognise my hotspot!).
It however does NOT allow me to get the smartphone pack upgrade as my hardware is not compatible with it.
So I am going to have the UIP high-line version & harness retrofitted, my Car Configuration File updated and then the Smartphone pack installed. Here in Down Under paying $1600 (about GBP 900) for that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts