Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just after some advice. Picked up my 2016 SE Tech Evoque 2 weeks ago from a LR dealer. Absolutely love the car. Some nice extras on it for what I feel was a bit of a bargain! including Pano roof, upgraded alloys, reverse camera, heated rear seats, privacy glass, powered tailgate, light up treadplates. Is it possible to upgrade the entertainment system to include Apple play? It is an 8 inch screen and has the buttons either side. I have the usb and sat nav ports also.
Thinking of emailing Land Rover as I can’t access in control app as it says it is still registered to previous owner. Does anyone know if this is easy to sort out? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Can't comment on apple car play but the incontrol is easily sorted, I had the same with ours and really the dealer should have checked and wiped everything before resale, go back to dealer and tell them it won't let you register because previous owner is still on there, literally takes them 5 mins on a computer, FOC and it's no biggy but you'd think they'd check before selling

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I understand that there’s a software update available which makes Apple CarPlay a feature, but I’m not sure which models this update can be applied to. It might also be a chargeable update, unless you have a problem with the software on yours so maybe there’s an intermittent problem on yours 😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't comment on apple car play but the incontrol is easily sorted, I had the same with ours and really the dealer should have checked and wiped everything before resale, go back to dealer and tell them it won't let you register because previous owner is still on there, literally takes them 5 mins on a computer, FOC and it's no biggy but you'd think they'd check before selling
Thank you! Unfortunately the dealership I got it from is in London and I am based in the north west so I will give them an email 👍🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that there’s a software update available which makes Apple CarPlay a feature, but I’m not sure which models this update can be applied to. It might also be a chargeable update, unless you have a problem with the software on yours so maybe there’s an intermittent problem on yours 😉
Thanks for you’re help! From reading more into it I am best checking with LR to see if my model is eligible! Knowing my luck it probably won’t be 😭😂

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Thank you! Unfortunately the dealership I got it from is in London and I am based in the north west so I will give them an email 👍🏻
You can take it to any dealer sorry I should have said, ours came from farnell in bury but I took it into Derby

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,257 Posts
Someone else might know better but i don't think the older system with the buttons down each side lets you upgrade to Apple carplay. Any LR dealer can get the In Control app changed to your name. You'll have to visit them and take the V5 with you as proof of ownership. Best to make an appointment, not just arrive.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Good advice about log book and booking in especially if its a trek but I did neither, just rocked up and explained I'd just bought it and to be fair the receptionist just asked a salesman who came over and took me to his desk, I gave him the reg, my name and the new address and a few button presses later it was done, never asked for proof of ID or ownership

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all! The incontrol issue is now sorted as I emailed the sales guy where i got it from and he has confirmed he has just changed it for me. He advised me to go to a LR dealer regarding the Apple play as he said without seeing the car he couldn’t tell me and the technician there wasn’t in.

·
Registered
2016 RR Evoque, 2.0 TD4 SE Tech Auto 4WD - Aintree Green, Pano Roof!
2 Posts
Hey - I recently purchased a second hand 2016 plate evoque - my local dealership (Derby) said that you must have InControl Touch Pro to get Apple Car Play, which is the widescreen without the buttons down the side which is the InControl Touch, bummer!
If you're interested in having CarPlay, there are companies who can install it for you, at a price! Example below:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts