Evoque Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sg- pm me if you want the badges.

Had my rear brake pads changed today, so took the opportunity to apply some brembo decals to my freshly painted calipers. Bit sad I know but hey makes me happy!

Fronts

Rears,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Baldenwonder said:
Nothing wrong with them, they look great! I have been thinking how to do mine. They are still silver.
Silver currently? Are you changing the colour ? Silver would look good with a black brembo brake decal maybe?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got me thinking, I'm not sure if they are painted or need to be as they are straight out the factory so nice and clean still in Silver. Shall be putting these bad boys on this month when it is backfrom the bodyshop:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
looking good. where did did you get the stickers fromHave you seen this on youtube. https://youtu.be/h2j1sRkPYl4
they said £430.

·
Super Moderator
10,474 Posts
The stickers are on ebay Mavo. Choice of colours & sizes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brembo-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-set-of-6-plus-Size-Options-/382222263824?hash=item58fe38e610:g:UVsAAMXQ7j1SJFrw

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
XZ4 said:
The stickers are on ebay Mavo.  Choice of colours & sizes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brembo-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-set-of-6-plus-Size-Options-/382222263824?hash=item58fe38e610:g:UVsAAMXQ7j1SJFrw
Close, but I wanted the sticker curved, as suits the calipers more. Straight wouldn't work so well due to the smaller face of the calipers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-sticker-decal-cut-to-fit-Brembo-curved-calipers-various-colours-x1-/201075132848?var=&hash=item2ed10309b0:m:ms3Dqa-4TRyv4W2h4HFlBGw

Don't get caught out like me. Price is for 1 decal, not a pair so first time I ordered got one front and one back! Size and curve is perfect for the standard calipers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
mavo said:
looking good. where did did you get the stickers fromHave you seen this on youtube.   https://youtu.be/h2j1sRkPYl4 
they said £430. 
Yes, seen that. It's a chap from Malawi, and he's been posting on my thread on babyrr. He thinks his lights were the test set and they've had them a long time, but do look great now. He's not got them back yet fully assembled. They are based in Italy so you'd need to send your lights to them. Not sure if I'd fancy that!

I'm sure someone in U.K. I'll be able to convert full led now or soon if not.

Have you got a full led set to convert?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Baldenwonder said:
Got me thinking, I'm not sure if they are painted or need to be as they are straight out the factory so nice and clean still in Silver. Shall be putting these bad boys on this month when it is back from the bodyshop :) 
Will look good. If caliper nice and new I'd leave them. Could add a black decal? What are you having done at the body shop if car so new?

·
Registered
93 Posts
This photo makes it really obvious, this is when I got it back the first time from the bodyshop. I'm still not happy with other parts of paintwork. In the showroom on collection, it had a scratch on the bonnet that has been painted really well since and a few other bits where the paint finish was not acceptable that still need to be corrected. Being a white car I'm so glad I noticed the initial scratch.:(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Wow, that photo really shows the paint mis match! Sure it's not so noticeable in normal light so good spot. Hopefully you'll get it sorted. Presumably they will have to blend into the front door and rear wing to prevent the same again. Is that from an LR dealer? Much planned for her apart from the alloys?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Should add details of where I got my lights converted really if anyone interested.

http://www.rcautomotive.co.uk

Apparently have converted lights ready to go, or can convert your lights as they did for me. Great service and lights work perfectly thus far. Over the moon with them. Nice chap and easy to deal with.

Mine were xenon so not sure if he does the full led lights but contact details on site if you want to ask.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Well dispite the horror stories decided to have a go at fitting my interior led bulb set I got off eBay a year or so ago! Yellow ish interior lights look so dated!

Foot wells were a doddle. No covers. Bulb out, bulb in. Excuse cleanliness of carpets!

Rear boot next. This had festoon type bulb and again popped out easily. Just getting polarity right only issue, so took a couple of attempts!

Then left it a day and decided to tackle the rear roof lights. Little bit trickier! Managed to get one out ok, and sorted. Second one managed to break the clip. This said so **** tight even without clip it's not going anywhere! So rears done.

Just front centre dome to go now..... left this another day. Read some real horror stories on this bad boy! Had a dabble with a screw driver, wasn't budging! Left another day. Watched the powerful U.K. Video again where it just popped out, and tried with a thin trim tool. First time popped out straight away, result! Bit of an iffy angle but swopped bulbs over in ten mins and after opening and closing the doors a few times and arming and disarming the alarm all worked perfectly.

Happy days. All visible bulbs now a nice bright white led. Going to have a go at the vanity mirrors another day but will be getting a few spare fuses before attempting!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi yes, this was taken care of by the dealer and in the daylight it is less obvious but has a more creamy white. I can spot extremelyslight differences in colour so it would always bug me. But having to wait for so long has hampered the progress on everything.

I bought the SE Tech as I thought I was going to buy a motorbike as well and didn'trealiseI'd start to alter it.Things to do:
I have blue LED interior light bulbs, Sports foot pedals tofit.
I'm not sure if I should colour code the bumpers and side trim white or replace the sides with white dynamic body-trim sides.
Or keep the trim black and add the side steps as having them next to black would probablywear better.
I might look into how much the Overfinchkit would cost but not sure if I would prefer Overfinch or keeping it Range Rover.
Maybe loweringsprings and chip it?
All good fun :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Baldenwonder, here is the photo of the side steps. I got them fitted today for £72
Photo didn't work ˜¡

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
I give in

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, thanks for trying. I got my Evoque back Friday and the door matches great but not the small dent in the paint. Luckily didn't dent the door but more upheaval waiting for it to be fixed ˜ž

·
Registered
74 Posts
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">here is my quote. bit out of my price range with theindicators
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">

<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">

<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">Hello.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">Our service for ""˜16+ Evoque Headlights is a complete conversion designed for installing new headlights on older models.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">We open the headlights and install our ECU that is designed and built in Italy, change the PIN order and seal the headlights.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">The ECU functions are:
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-DRL working at full brightness
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-Parking Light 70% bright
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-Side Light (Amber LEDS) always on at 100% brightness
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-Led Turn indicators working at 100% brightness (Only Full-Led)
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-DRL or Parking Lights off when turn indicators are on and return to on when indicators are off
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">-No errors or problems with computer
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69; min-height: 14px;">

<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">Optionally we offer an halogen to Led conversion on turn indicators (only bi-xenon) and in this case we completely remove the halogen bulb.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">The service costs 430‚¬ per pair on Bi-Xenon and 460‚¬ per pair on Full LED (including VAT) and takes around a week.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">Including in the price there is a 12 months warranty for moisture and malfunctions.
<div style="font-size: 12.8px; margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: "Helvetica Neue"; color: rgb69, 69, 69;">We can also sell a brand new pair of bixenon headlamp (with ballasts and lamps, all original) adding ‚¬1250,00 or a brand new pair of Full LED adding ‚¬1999,00

101 - 120 of 129 Posts