Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few pics of my almost 2016 conversion. Long story short, but couldn't get the new shaped headlights wired at the first attempt ( got all working bar the led dlr) but decided to still fit bumper/ grills etc. Rear lights and wing mirrors also done.

Link to thread on baby RR,

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2016-facelift-conversion

All new oem parts. Had to transfer over the lower arch plastics from my original bumper. Bumper ready to go. Looks so much better IMO.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq288/dubz911/0AED59C0-D228-4CCC-973B-403ECC5C4013.

So re assemble started.

[img]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq288/dubz911/F4294E02-4BAF-4810-992A-C53E2B404C90.jpg

Looking good.

Yup, liking it.

Over the moon with the look.
<hr />
So, original lights, with 2016 dynamic lux grill and bumper with all black pack accessories ( lower tow eye cover and darkened fogs)

Few pics outside. Apologies for poor pics. Rubbish day and not clean. Will get some better ones shortly.

Love the look as all oem but looks so much tougher and newer. Will load the wiring diagrams and the main issue shortly. Hopefully someone can help sort as so close but no cigar.
<hr />
Before,

After,

Wheels will be getting changed. They did arrive but I'm not happy with the finish on an edge so going back.

I will be persevering with the headlights, but a little break for now. Edited by: NJ 1161

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
Good Job NJ!!!Even the 1st gen head lights look decent with the new font end.
I'll move this this thread to modifications...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nice NJ, looks great, much cleaner looking front end. Well done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kojak said:
Good Job NJ!!!Even the 1st gen head lights look decent with the new font end.
I'll move this this thread to modifications...
Yes, think it helps as I have the darker black pack lights. The outer casing of both headlights are exactly the same. Just the sig strip inside differs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dazmac said:
looks great, just need to add bonnet louvres
Yup, agree. Did have the stick on ones but took them off. Am planning in fitting a vented bonnet. It's just picking it up that's causing the headaches!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice. where did you get the fog lights from andhow much, if you dont mid me asking. any luck with the
headlights. Thanks and for the pictures

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry late reply. Fitted vented bonnet and a set of 22s.

Got parts from duckworth parts, forum sponsor. Can't recall price of foglights. Not cheap though!

Gave up on fitting facelift lights and am waiting for someone else to do the leg work, although seems to be taking for ever.

Still want to finish it off with the facelift lights but bought myself an a45 Amg so been playing with that. Edited by: NJ 1161

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loopy said:
Very nice can I ask where did you locate the parts for the conversion please
Bought them new from Dan at duckworth parts ( edited previous post to add) When I started it there wasn't many second hand facelift parts about. You'd probably be better picking up second hand now as availability better. Edited by: NJ 1161

·
10,626 Posts
You'll confuse many knowledgable owners with those front and rear lights.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Evo-king said:
You'll confuse many knowledgable owners with those front and rear lights. 
Ha ha. Yes. Will do the front lights when someone comes up with a solution, and possibly the twin fin rear spoiler if I can find one cheap with the wiring intact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
does the new grill fit the 2012 bumper etc? I prefer the full look of it rather than the split look of the previous grill

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just ordered he newest grill like this. Worked out after looking at the pics it was the split grill look I didn't like about my car compared to new ones.

Hopefully new girl comes Tuesday.

Also we're the upgraded rear lights plug n play?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I fitted the 2016 grill today to match the bumper.Dont know if i like it. looks good on yours.
Keep thinking it looks flat. Hopefully i will get
used to it. did you think the same or did you like
straight away. Just lights now.

Edited by: mavo

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Got any pics Mavo? would like to see an early model with the new grill.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi PhilNo will take some the weekend. looks very similar to NJs.
Love the bumper but not sure about the grill.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts