Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Looking to buy my first Range Rover.

I found RR Sport to be a tad too wide for a city car and good used L494 models would stretch my budget too much, so I'm here for some guidance on selecting my first Evoque. But I'm a bit puzzled on the trims. With RR Sport, I was aiming for HSE-models, but with Evoque, they are rarely available, it's mostly SE-s. Could you please help me out on which are the "must-have" options I should look for on the used market which might actually NOT be standard? I'm aiming towards 2016 or 2017 diesel models.

I'm keeping my eye out on:

• 132kW engine (that's the top of the line model, right?)
  • panoramic sunroof
  • Meridian sound system
  • automatic gearbox obviously

Is there anything else I definitely should look for and not be caught by surprise for NOT being standard on those model years? Do I understand correctly that "Dynamic" models also come with a different bodykit?

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Hi and welcome, I think the models are different in Scandinavia from the UK so difficult to advise. All Dynamic models (2016/17) are HSE here. I believe Scandinavia also got SE Dynamic models. Also options may be different.

There are 2 Meridian sound systems, 380w and 825w . The 825w is called Meridian Surround. Keyless entry is also an option unless you find a Lux or Autobiography model. Same with the powered tailgate and self parking system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi! Looking to buy my first Range Rover.

I found RR Sport to be a tad too wide for a city car and good used L494 models would stretch my budget too much, so I'm here for some guidance on selecting my first Evoque. But I'm a bit puzzled on the trims. With RR Sport, I was aiming for HSE-models, but with Evoque, they are rarely available, it's mostly SE-s. Could you please help me out on which are the "must-have" options I should look for on the used market which might actually NOT be standard? I'm aiming towards 2016 or 2017 diesel models.

I'm keeping my eye out on:

• 132kW engine (that's the top of the line model, right?)
  • panoramic sunroof
  • Meridian sound system
  • automatic gearbox obviously

Is there anything else I definitely should look for and not be caught by surprise for NOT being standard on those model years? Do I understand correctly that "Dynamic" models also come with a different bodykit?

Thanks a lot in advance!
In Sweden I suggest winter pack including diesel heater with remote control

·
Registered
538 Posts
Late 2016 was the “swap over” to the later multimedia system ie wider centre screen with no physical buttons either side........well worth making sure you get a MY2017 car with this update (not sure from when in 2016 they came in but it was late in the year, I think after Sept)......these can be upgraded for free (in the UK at least) to add car play and android auto (which I work great)......otherwise options are options take your pick.....We have a fully loaded autobiography and the only option which was a real waste was dual screen as we have literally never used it......everything else we use but some we would not miss, other I would not do without ;-)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Understanding Bank Manager 🤔

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
538 Posts
Say what? I need more info about this.....android auto?

Got mine done just before first lockdown........SWMBO uses the inbuilt maps but when I use it (which tends to be for longer family / dog trips) I always use android auto which is great ...especially as its a free upgrade and also adds over the air software updates (in fact it did one last week) ;-)

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
203 Posts
Had my car for a service last month and besides the usual service work, they also applied the outstanding campaign notices for my car. I do have the 10.2” Touchscreen and a connected USB port which seems mandatory, but don't have the sim card. So I get that I wouldn't have OTA update functionality, but the 'smartphone pack' should still be possible, right?
I do recall asking the service delivery guy afterwards about Android Auto and he did not seem to have any idea what I was talking about, but since I just bought the vehicle I assumed that it just wasn't an option.
One of the campaigns included the N377 InTouch Control update, so stupidly I assume it perhaps included these functions. I did have android auto on my phone and thought to give it a crack by connecting it via USB port. But nada. So N377 campaign is NOT the complimentary Smartphone pack update?

·
Registered
538 Posts
From memory its not....you have to ask for that separately..........again from memory mine had x2 software updates ie one gathering “oil dilution” change to oil service criteria and one which added over the air updates......the smartphone pack update is a different upgrade.....just refer them to the JLR page......I would think a HSE would have the spec for this to be added

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
203 Posts
Thanks Jonttt. Trying to arm myself with ammo before approaching the local JLR for this complimentary upgrade as my vehicle had several updates just a month ago and this complimentary one seems not to be one of them.
Off to battle I go.

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
Had my car for a service last month and besides the usual service work, they also applied the outstanding campaign notices for my car. I do have the 10.2” Touchscreen and a connected USB port which seems mandatory, but don't have the sim card. So I get that I wouldn't have OTA update functionality, but the 'smartphone pack' should still be possible, right?
I do recall asking the service delivery guy afterwards about Android Auto and he did not seem to have any idea what I was talking about, but since I just bought the vehicle I assumed that it just wasn't an option.
One of the campaigns included the N377 InTouch Control update, so stupidly I assume it perhaps included these functions. I did have android auto on my phone and thought to give it a crack by connecting it via USB port. But nada. So N377 campaign is NOT the complimentary Smartphone pack update? View attachment 6886
can I ask what the N377 update actually got you I've never heard of this one ?

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
203 Posts
I only bought my Evoque (2nd hand) a month ago. Since the day it was sold (Nov 2016), it has never been to a dealer for a service or any canpaign updates. So, when I booked it in, there were 2 campaigns listed against the VIN number as available for update. One being the N377 - InControl update. I cannot specify in detail what has changed since I only had the vehicle for a day before I had it serviced and not familiar to any of the pre-updated functions.
It did 'feel' however like the screen layout looked different, but don't hold me to it. It did update my maps to the latest version.
Also, I have not got an InControl subscription, so no InControl apps on my screen. I think my screen used to look like the one shown in video here, but not any more
It now looks more like the layout in this one
, allbeit some subscreens flipped (left to right).
Functionality for updates as per video, I don't have that.
I don't have sim card and connecting the Evoque to my phone via wireless hotspot also doesn't work, Tried creating a custom connection which also failed. So only have bluetooth connection at the moment for phone calls etc.

Below is the link to the document alerting me to the complimentary update, but there are 2 things mentioned here.
H251 and N377. I am now leaning towards N377 being the OTA functionality update (which I got) and perhaps H251 the AA or Apple Carplay update (which seemingly I don't have).

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes the in control update added over the air software update functionality....from memory it also added / changed layout options slightly (but I may be wrong with that as its not my daily).....the other official update was for diesel cars which changed the tolerance for oil dilution to trigger an oil service due ie increased the margin so it was less likely to flag up due to failed regens (but mine still flags up every 7000 miles lol)........the smartphone pack is a completely separate request to add to those other updates ;-)

Reactions: Biker
1 - 17 of 17 Posts