Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

When remote locking the car alarms itself as normal but the doors don't lock. I've had a browse through the forums & there are a few owners with similar problems but not exactly the same. I've checked all doors, boot & bonnet are closed properly; I've left the car to 'reset'; I've tried all manner of button combinations on the remote. Nothing has worked.

Any & all advice would be greatly received.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
can you please put your car details in your signature which will help forum members to answer this and future questions you may have.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like it could be a faulty module if nothing is locking 🤔

Reactions: Colm81

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi all

When remote locking the car alarms itself as normal but the doors don't lock.
Are you talking about locking via the 'Remote App' ? if you are it does not work well as mine sometimes says it's not locked when it is .Waste of time that app !.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about locking via the 'Remote App' ? if you are it does not work well as mine sometimes says it's not locked when it is .Waste of time that app !.
No not the App Mike. Its the remote key fob.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No not the App Mike. Its the remote key fob.
OK.

What's the state of your main car battery ?.

Has it every been replaced ?.

Do they lock from inside ?.

Have you tried replacing your key fob battery ?

Is it the same with both keys ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

What's the state of your main car battery ?. Fine no issues. Haven't had a flat battery.

Has it every been replaced ?. Not to my knowledge.

Do they lock from inside ?. Yes

Have you tried replacing your key fob battery ? No

Is it the same with both keys ? Yes.

I've been told it is probably the KVM module that needs replacing & this is a common fault with RR. Auto elec taking a look as we speak. I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morning all.
Just as an update to the above I had the KVM module replaced but that didn't solve the issue.
Then change the locking mechanisms in two of the doors which has solved the issue.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,609 Posts
Morning all.
Just as an update to the above I had the KVM module replaced but that didn't solve the issue.
Then change the locking mechanisms in two of the doors which has solved the issue.
Thanks for the update - Evoque door mechanisms really let the side down!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts