Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

I’m here to ask for a bit of advice. My wife and myself have a 2013 2.2 sd4 evoque that has 70,000 miles on her.

Is there any particular service that needs to be done at this mileage. Am I right in saying that the timing belt is ok to 150,000 miles. This is allot of miles. Or should I do it earlier. And also should the transmission/gearbox oil be changed.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thankyiu

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi to all.

I’m here to ask for a bit of advice. My wife and myself have a 2013 2.2 sd4 evoque that has 70,000 miles on her.

Is there any particular service that needs to be done at this mileage. Am I right in saying that the timing belt is ok to 150,000 miles. This is allot of miles. Or should I do it earlier. And also should the transmission/gearbox oil be changed.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thankyiu
Hi,and welcome the timing belt interval has been changed to 7years and the thoughts on the oil are that it would be a good idea to get the oils changed as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,262 Posts
Ford engine'd early models the TIming belt is 9 years or 144000, My local LR independent says they have very little issues with them as I asked about it at the 8th year service, although will be asking for it next year regardless. Diffs are 10 years, but depends on mileage, if it's high then earlier would be advisable.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yes. It is a Ford based engine but the TD4 engines remain 144k or 10 years and the SD4 engines have recently been revised to something like 114k or 7 years, whatever comes first. If you have a 2013 model, according to LR, you are on borrowed time! When you do change it, make sure the water pump is changed at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2,262 Posts
Where was this revised Steve?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Not quite sure when, but I heard it from some guy on the Freelander 2 site. I think he repairs FL2’s. When I questioned it, he posted up a screenshot from Topix. This one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts