Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Stage 1 500NM
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought this around a year ago when it had 85k miles.

I got major service as soon as I bought it & haven't had any issues at all. Car before was a 1.2 corsa petrol haha & I was skeptical about the high milage as my corsa only had 25k but my dad said 85k for a diesel is nothing.

It's now on 100k miles, so I've done 15k in it since it's last oil change.

I'm a newbie when it comes to cars so now it's hit 100k miles how often do you recommend getting the oil changed? Every 7k? Do high mileage cars need more frequent oil changes than ones with less miles? What tends to go wrong with high mileage cars, or is it mainly just a stigma & all to do with how you look after it?

How long can this car last for if serviced regularly? Will it hit 200k if looked after?

Here she is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
Yearly servicing or at 16k max as recommended should be fine.

Just checking the cambelt has been changed at it would be due at 7 years old?

Reactions: B4ines

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yearly servicing or at 16k max as recommended should be fine.

Just checking the cambelt has been changed at it would be due at 7 years old?
I think when it went in for the service when i got it it had the Cambelt done, think I paid £110 for it? Like a belt with grooves init? Sorry I'm not mechanically minded

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
Hi - that sounds like the external belt that drives the alternator etc.
The cambelt change is internal and an expensive job. Failure will wreck the engine so worth trying to find if it's been done as the oil changes won't help here!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - that sounds like the external belt that drives the alternator etc.
The cambelt change is internal and an expensive job. Failure will wreck the engine so worth trying to find if it's been done as the oil changes won't help here!
If it hasn't been done when I got it serviced is there anyway a mechanic would be able to see if it needs changing? Or is it impossible to tell a 1 year old one from a 7 year old one?

As the guy before me may of had it done a few months before I bought it so would be an unnecessary expense?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
If it hasn't been done when I got it serviced is there anyway a mechanic would be able to see if it needs changing? Or is it impossible to tell a 1 year old one from a 7 year old one?

As the guy before me may of had it done a few months before I bought it so would be an unnecessary expense?

Thanks! :)
I think you'll need to rely on the service history.

·
Super Moderator
2,695 Posts
Cambelt is essential at 7-9 years. had mine done last year with the service and it doubles the cost even at an independent, if you have any service history it should be mentioned or one of the last services will be nearer £1000 if it's been done.

The only other large costs coming will be changing the Haldex oil and filter and Diff oils that should be done soon on a 2012 (10 years).

Annual service or 16k will be fine on a 2012, although this year i'll be using my Halfords free MOT and not servicing due to the stupidly low mileage it;s done, since it was serviced.

Looks in good condition by the way!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cambelt is essential at 7-9 years. had mine done last year with the service and it doubles the cost even at an independent, if you have any service history it should be mentioned or one of the last services will be nearer £1000 if it's been done.

The only other large costs coming will be changing the Haldex oil and filter and Diff oils that should be done soon on a 2012 (10 years).

Annual service or 16k will be fine on a 2012, although this year i'll be using my Halfords free MOT and not servicing due to the stupidly low mileage it;s done, since it was serviced.

Looks in good condition by the way!
Going in next week for engine oil change, cambelt. I will be providing the goods.

However I am wanting to get the diff oil done & the transmission oil changed. Online they say they are different oils but everytime I type in differential oil all I'm getting is triple / castrol, transmission oil coming up?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
It looks like they are just adverts being displayed from the search!
I would be looking for the LR recommended spec.

Someone who's done it might post...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like they are just adverts being displayed from the search!
I would be looking for the LR recommended spec.

Someone who's done it might post...
Is there anyway I can find out LR specific spec? Can't seem to find it.

Anyway a local garage is going to do

Engine oil change, filter & cambelt/water pump ( me providing ) & diff oil & transmission oil for £350. Total cost will be around £500.

I rang local land rover garage & I was told I couldn't supply my own parts, them all in £1250. Absolute madness.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
520 Posts
If you look in the handbook all the oil specs are listed.
Ensure you have the low ash oil to protect the DPF. I think it is Ford 934B spec from memory but it is in the handbook. Millers oils do one at a reasonable price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts