Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am well aware that 19' wheels and therefore I presume 18" wheels come fitted with Conti Cross Contact UHPs. Also Pirelli all weather tyres are fitted to 18" & 19".

Doh, ContiCC UHP are summer tyres!! It's the Pirelli that is a all weather/winter tyre

Does anyone know if winter tyres are fitted to 20" wheels as I have heard they are not?

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Evo, my Prestige came with 20" Conti Cross Contacts UHP on polished alloys. I don't think any are fitted with proper winter tyres as standard. I've ordered some Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow 245/45/20 for the winter( quoted £1050 by Kwikfit in their 4 for 3 offer).

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake.

Are you going to put them on a separate set of alloys or put them on the current alloys.

I saw a Pure SD4 in the showroom today and they had the Pirelli Scorpions fitted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm putting Pirelli ice and snow on my 20 " wheels next week. The contis fitted look too much like summer tyres to me and it's already down to 5 degrees here today - think it's going to be a cold winter!

Not buying another set of wheels hoping the tyre techs are going to be gentle with my wheels. I know I should switch to a spare, probably smaller, set of wheels but given I will run winters for 5 months of the year don't want to hide away my lovely new shadow chromes for half the year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Evo, I'm going to put them onto the existing wheels. Gets pricey factoring in 4 new alloys.

Pirelli Scorpions are summer tyres. Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow are winter tyres andI thinkcarry the snowflake symbol.

An X5 driver told me this morning that the back end of his car let go a bit on a corner now that the temperature has gone down to 5C at dawn. Winter tyres come into their own under 7C.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No complaints with the 20" wheels but I'm sure the ride will be far firmer than if running on 18" wheels. BUT the evoque looks so much nicer with the bigger wheels so I'm more than happy to sacrifice a bit of comfort.

Jake- you got your winter boots yet? I'm getting my next week will put them on first week November.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I don't think they'll come fitted with winters as standard since you're not supposed to use them in summer. I understand the rubber is too soft when it's warm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts