Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally happy with my2.2L Prestige SD4 Auto Dieselexcept for the rubbish mpg. Almost 4000 since 1 March and can't do any better than 33.8 mpg. Spoke with the dealer today and they said I should feel lucky that I'm getting what I am. I questioned the 35.8 - 49.6 advertised and was told that was measured on a "rolling road" without any wind or environmentals and suggested I check my tyre pressure. What a load of false advertising. I feel like obtaining legal advice as this was a big consideration on decision to buy.

Edited by: mweiner

·
Registered
141 Posts
41.5mpg from my TD4 Pure on the last tank - calculated manually with 3300 miles on the clock. Maybe all those extras on the Prestige are edfecting up your MPG?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in Australia, all new cars have their fuel consumption rated under strict government testing criteria.

What is disappointing, is that the testing criteria are not representative of 'real world' driving - for example, to determine city consumption, the car does dozens of stop/starts over 100km and reaches no more than 50 km/h. This most certainly is not your 'typical' city driving.

Where these official figures are useful, is for comparison purposes only (i.e. comparing Evoque consumption vs Volvo XC90 consumption).

I always add 10 - 15% on to the quoted official consumption and this works out to be 'real world'.

·
Registered
208 Posts
mweiner said:
Totally happy with my2.2L Prestige SD4 Auto Dieselexcept for the rubbish mpg.
Almost 4000 since 1 March and can't do any better than 33.8 mpg. Spoke with the dealer today and they said I should feel lucky that I'm getting what I am. I questioned the 35.8 - 49.6 advertised and was told that was measured on a "rolling road" without any wind or environmentals and suggested I check my tyre pressure. What a load of false advertising. I feel like obtaining legal advice as this was a big consideration on decision to buy.

You'd better stick to driving on rolling roads in future, then!

Seriously, though, you should be doing better than that as a 'best' mpg - or do you mean 'best average'? It's sounds reasonable for an average of urban and motorway driving overall (about what I'm getting with the same engine and gearbox) but I have achieved 42.4 mpg on a 250 mile journey with about 90% dual carriageway, and that was at 1,200 miles total.

One thing I have noticed so far is that the economy seems worse using cruise control than holding to about the same speed without cruise control (but sensing the engine sufficiently to ease off and speed up as appropriate), so I don't use cruise control other than to stick to a length of locally speed-limited road. The other thing I've noticed is that economy 'falls off a cliff' at not much more than 70 mph, presumably partly due to poor aerodynamics.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello, I cannot beleive the varation for mpg reported, same engine it just don't make sense, LR need to look into to it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting article in the Daily Mail today..................................

Why drivers can't rely on those miles per gallon figures

Tests carried out on 60 different types of car
Drivers spending extra money

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1tDnW0Vm2

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
Interesting article in the Daily Mail today..................................

Why drivers can't rely on those miles per gallon figures

Tests carried out on 60 different types of car
Drivers spending extra money

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1tDnW0Vm2

Just tried to complete the 'True mpg' enquiry on What Car's site (see link below), but it won't proceed after you've selected a car, due to a technical glitch presumably. They've listed an SD4 Evoque, so it would be worth knowing what they think the true mpg is, if anyone can get it to work.

http://www.whatcar.com/truempg

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can't really bash LR for this nor other manufacturers.

The official figures are worked out using conditions set out by EUlaw makers,not LR. LR are required by law to publish those figures created by the stupdily unrealistic test rules.

Garbage in...garbage out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried it for town driving, neither economical or fast driving style, just average. Came back with 31.3mpg. Not far from what I currently experience, that is typically somewhere between 29-31mpg at each tank fill.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Col said:
I tried it for town driving, neither economical or fast driving style, just average. Came back with 31.3mpg. Not far from what I currently experience, that is typically somewhere between 29-31mpg at each tank fill.

Got it to work this time (my fault, I think
), and it suggested 33.1, which is close to what I get as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Car less than 500 miles old. SD4 2.2 Diesel. Wife just got 39 mpg on a 55 mile run into the lakes. Light right foot and stick to speed limits.
Will hit the magic 40 soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts