Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 D150, white, no extras!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think mine can do that kind of figure, but I do tend to drive it like I stole it & I regularly hit the 18 ish mpg. I think theres no point having a point & squirt kind of car & then driving it like you can’t afford the petrol.
Ah, the RCZ is a petrol, of course.
The efficiency of performance diesel BMWs is pretty astounding, we had an M-sport X3 on loan a few months back.
Nearly 300bhp I think, the thing really shifted.
Yet still between 34 and 37mpg.
Astounding that it could move like that and still do the same MPG as our lowly 114bhp Sportage.....

·
Registered
990 Posts
Coincidentally, the engine in the RCZ is a BMW Prince Engine. Driven carefully I have managed 45mpg on runs, but then I removed the nails I’d glued to the accelerator pedal and put my shoes back on. Got home in half the time ( & twice the petrol - of course).

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did my longest trip yesterday from Derbyshire down the M1 M25 to Waltham Abbey and mine did just over 35mpg which am happy with as I have only really done local short trips so far I have just passed 800 miles so engine will still be a bit stiff

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Derbysteve, that MPG will improve as everything loosens up-just enjoy it-it will be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was a bit sceptical of engines needing loosening up these days, but I've seen the evidence in the Golf Gti I'm driving.
MPG improved dramatically after about 3000 miles, as did performance.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Even though you no longer have to keep revs under XYZ for so many miles, no rapid accleration, quick gear changes etc -a new engine is still just that and needs carefully bedding in.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,737 Posts
Just follow the owners handbook info....

RUNNING-IN

The vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still settle in relative to each other. The running-in process occurs mainly in the first 3 000 km (2 000 mi) of operation.

During the running-in period of 3 000 km (2 000 mi), observe and follow the instructions below:

• Do not fully press the accelerator pedal.
  • Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.
  • Avoid operating the engine in too high a gear at low engine speeds (labouring).
  • Gradually increase engine and road speeds.
  • Avoid extended operation at high engine speeds with abrupt stops.
  • Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving. Where possible, allow the engine to reach operating temperature.
  • Longer journeys are more helpful during the running-in period.
  • Do not participate in off-road driving, competition driving, track days, sports driving schools, or any similar events.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks like I'm collecting the car. as the dealer isn't keen to deliver to Aberdeen.
So there won't be much running in, it'll be M-way for hundreds of miles.
To be fair it was the same with our last three cars and none of those suffered for their first proper drive being a motorway.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,737 Posts
According to JLR,
"Longer journeys are more helpful during the running-in period." so it sounds fine to do that, it's harsh stops and starts to be avoided.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts