Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
You can go to any MOT station. Get it done before your warranty runs out though, just in case.

·
Super Moderator
2,364 Posts
Absolutely not it's only convenience, you'll probably pay the full £54 too! Unless like mine they offered Free MOT for life, even then I only got the 1st MOT done by the dealer as it was still in warranty, since then I take it locally.

There also is a slight downside these days, if it fails on something safety related (Major failure) the MOT garage can refuse to allow the car back on the road until repaired so that could be an issue if it failed on the steering rack for example and you wanted that repaired at the dealer.

As Xz4 says, take it up to a month in advance of the due date so you have time to sort out if there was a warranty item though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look to see if there is a local council run MoT station in your area, I have found that these are much less likely to 'fail' your car on unnecessary findings as they do not offer a repair service and so have no vested interest in profiting from a fail.
I started using my local one for my previous Disco after my local LR dealership raised questionable concerns that were not raised 1 year later at the council MoT centre.

·
Registered
262 Posts
im taking mine in tomorrow for a rear brake job disks and pads the garage is going to give it the once over as my warranty runs out next month

1 - 6 of 6 Posts