Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been offered a set of 16" alloy wheels with nearly new winter/snow tyres on them. We have two winter road trips coming up - Ukraine in December/Jan and Norway in February, so winter tyres are definitely needed.

The 16" come from the Freelander 2 and it's my understanding that the FL2 wheels are interchangeable with the Evoque? I'd just like to be sure, before I spend money on them...

Thanks,

Dan

·
10,626 Posts
I'm not saying they won't fit, but I cannot recall anyone have 16" wheels on their Evoque.

Suggest you try before you buy.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,975 Posts
Not sure if 16" would clear the calipers. I think 18" is the smallest fitted to Evoques from the factory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
17" was the smallest from factory, not sure how much clearance there is...

While I would prefer to drop down to 17"'s I think 16"'s are a better option for the state of the roads - 4000 miles on potholed roads, I'm either going to crack a wheel or damage some suspension components.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Get a hire car ?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
IMO no need to go smaller than 18" as the tyre sidewall height (mine are 235/60/18) provides plenty of cushioning. I've never felt that my wheels or suspension will be damaged by potholes etc.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have 17" wheels fitted at the factory and because there is more rubber between the road and the car the ride is excellent and quieter :)

·
Super Moderator
11,975 Posts
At the other end of the scale, I had 22" wheels on mine and found the ride good. Maybe a bit harsher than on small wheels but still more than acceptable.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
and now you got yourself a rollerskate!

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Super Moderator
11,975 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
True, and a very nice Roller skate it is to Mr.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have always thought that wheels make more impact visually than people give credit for.
The larger the wheel the better for me, although there is the usual ride quality issue.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
11,975 Posts
I'm with you on that DKZ but wouldn't go bigger on my F Type. Also wouldn't have gone bigger than 22 on the Evoque.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Bigger the wheel the more uncomfortable the ride, Mrs M's Golf has rubber bands for tyres-feel every tiny bump-horrible!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The RCZ is the same.

Ive got 20” on the Evoque. I think they look awesome & the ride is a dream compared to the RCZ. Maybe I should have gone for 22”.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I’ve got 22” on the F Pace. Mrs V notices the difference, says she feels every bump now compared to the 20” we had on the Evoque. Ended up with Lippy on her eyebrows this morning. I’ve told her not to redecorate while she’s driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts