Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new and wondering if someone on here can help me as I have an issue.

I recently purchased my dream car (16 plate evoque) on a HP agreement with a wellknown dealership.

got the car home and the engine warning light came on, rang them up, they Told me
To bring it in (also they had to fix a wing mirror issue - was broken). They said they couldn’t find a fault. 1 more week goes by and then it comes on again so they check it but this time they found a fault.

They need to do the following:

Strip and clean of the Haldex unit
- Replacement of the timing chain

Is this normal on a 16 plate evoque that’s only done 55k miles?

This has also been an ongoing issue for 6 weeks and they have quoted an extra 2 weeks so two months in total to fix. Is this normal? What would you guys do in this situation!?

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,321 Posts
We had our timing chain replaced at 38k miles on our MY16, dealer had it for about a week but we had a brand new velar so it was a fair swap, we had ours done under a 3rd party warranty, how are you getting yours done seeing as its out of manufacturers warranty now as we were initially quoted £2700 before they realised we had a warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the car from the dealer on 30th June and it comes with a three month warranty so it’s included in that. I think I’m just panicking as all the research I have done suggests that it should be around 100k miles or 10 years.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
424 Posts
Hi, your warranty may have an excess, but check out you rights under the consumer rights act 2015. I think it is down to the dealer to fix this regardless of warranty as it is a major fault.Dealers love to steer you down a warranty route and leave it between you and the warranty company, but they have legal obligations at their cost.
There are time limits and you need to tell them in writing to be sure so please don’t delay or rely on word of mouth.
I think between 1 and 6 months you just have to give them one chance to fix it then can reject the car but check it out on ‘t’internet’.
Good luck

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Here you go....

A53C9BD9-4BA5-4611-A62A-8506D7A1ECD3.jpeg
53AA12E3-630C-482B-9F9B-39C0B3D5E524.jpeg

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thank you so much! They are going to repair it (even tho it has taken them 6 weeks to diagnose and say they will) but I think I’m just worried as it’s a massive job at a young age. However, it looks like im
Not the only one who’s having to have it done early on in a cars life

1 - 6 of 6 Posts