Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just collected my Evoque last week which I am very pleased with. Shame the experience was spoiled by the service from the garage. As with other buyers the car was delayed. I can understand that there were production delays etc. what I can't understand is that nobody at the garage had the decency to contact me and let me know what was going on. Surely a letter could have been sent to all new customers advising them of the delays and assuring them that they would have weekly/fortnightly updates. When I collected the car we were given a Range Rover off road experience voucher for two, but I was wondering if the £150 is standard for everyone who experienced a delay.

Also is there anybody out there who thinks that the heated seats are not very effective?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its my understanding that LR will provide the £150 for anyone who has suffered delays. I would ask your dealer or customer services.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My delay was 5 weeks, i was first told of the delay 3 days before delivery and just after i had sold my X5, i was outraged! After 2 weeks i was provided with a freelander and on delivery i received a fortnum and mason hamper which i gave away! Suffice to say I will be using another dealer for service etc.
I have done 3000 miles in the 4 weeks i have had the car, including 1400 mile ski trip. The heated seats are very poor compared with the X5 but I also have a defender 110 XS with heated seats and they are worse than useless (you tend to leave them on all the time because you do not notice them). There are many aspects of the Evoque that are better than i anticipated and these are the key ones; ride, stability, handling, etc. My biggest problem is the driver's seat. I am 6'2'' and i cannot get comfortable. My model is the dynamic and the manual very clearly shows that you can adjust the rake of the base of the seat as well as the height of the base. To adjust the height the manual shows you wigle the back of the base control and to adjust the rake you wiggle the front of the base control (just as you do on the X5 and the range rover and range rover sport). However on mine you cannot wiggle the front, the base has one position and that is flat. Therefore the only part of me that touches the base of theseat is my bum. If i cannot resolve this the car will have to go. My only other complaints have been the failure of one of the rear windows (now mysteriously working again) ,the complexity of some simple satnav adjustments, eg map scale, and some weird satnav errors in directions etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts