FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Who's got snow this morning?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
Author
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:25pm
We've had a couple of guys doing it here in derby with a warrior and an RRS, top men in my eyes

Just seen the met office forecast for heavy snow again from midnight tonight
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux,waitomo grey,ivory/lunar,manual,freeview tv,360 camera,blind spot monitor,traffic sign recognition,driver condition,pano,gesture,park assist,autonomous braking,LED headlights,AHBA
Sponsored Links

Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
RRS Owner - Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:32pm
I will set the alarm Doink
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Spiderman Spiderman wrote:

What a strange day today.
Answered an emergency call early this morning for 4x4 drivers to take nurses and doctors to 2 hospitals.
Ended up doing about 6 hours through the snow getting them to work - Voluntary of course - and then getting home to find my pipes have burst and I cant turn the stop cock off !!!!
Luckily the pipe is outside ...... and now Im on standby for the night shift nhs staff.....

What a day!

Hey Spiderman I made it in today. Not sure about getting home though.

Same 4x4 situation applies here. Plus car sharing where possible. Difficult with the night and weekend shifts though.

I left my 4x4 for the wife. Used my car with winters.
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:45pm
If you werent so far away EK i would get you home .....and you could even drive the beast yourself
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Yoda View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:42pm
Well done Spiderman. Hope you get your pipes sorted out. I have the same problem it comes with age boom boom.
2018 firenze red with black roof Velar R Dynamic club stickers front and back. Prior to that 2 Evoques
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 9:37pm
Heavy snow as I type, keep it coming
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux,waitomo grey,ivory/lunar,manual,freeview tv,360 camera,blind spot monitor,traffic sign recognition,driver condition,pano,gesture,park assist,autonomous braking,LED headlights,AHBA
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 9:56pm
Just had to capture this today! Especially as the melt is underway now!

MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
ScreamingDead View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScreamingDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 10:33pm
Mrs SD had to use the Evoque to get to work on Friday - no problem in the morning but a difficult drive home. The car performed perfectly in the snow but quite a few roads were blocked with abandoned cars and lorries.

We live on top of a steep hill, I don't think much traffic had driven up the bank but a tractor had cleared a deep drift. This is a bit of footage from the dashcam to show the drive up the bank. https://youtu.be/X6jt2GyGdxw

Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 11:16pm
Cool as you like SD. Thumbs Up

That's always been the big problem, you have a car capable of coping with these conditions, but other cars cause the snarl ups. 

1 Umbrella.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 11:17pm
Good Luck with the pipes Spidey. Thumbs Up
1 Umbrella.
colin4x4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 11:29pm
Attacked by Yeti this morning Shocked

Oh, sorry, its next doors mutt LOL

1.4i petrol turbo Jeep Compass 2018 in Red, ex-SD4 Dynamic 2012 Evoque, Pano roof, Firenze Red. (I really like red)
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:16am
Well after being in snow button for two days and one of only two cars that managed to get to the stables and ferried children with sledges up and down to Cadbury Hill (the beast performed beautifully) - now definitely in wade mode - floods everywhere......

This has definitely been a week I’ve been very glad I haven’t got a micra
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by PhilSkill PhilSkill wrote:

Just had to capture this today! Especially as the melt is underway now!

Nice one Phil. Thumbs Up
1 Umbrella.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 6:56pm
Birmingham struggling today with the BIG THAW!

All staff at Jaguar Landrover Solihull have been sent home (headlines say evacuates) as Severn Trent Water have told them they cant supply water into the factory....

Same with Cadburys!

No cars - No chocolate !
Tyberius View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyberius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 7:00pm
Cars we can wait for but no chocolate help
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:09pm
No water where i live, apparently most of derby is without water tonight
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:29pm
This country is just amazing isnt it
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:33pm
Gonna have to start boiling snow soon, off out to find some drifts
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:36pm

I get your drift Doink

Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:26pm
Just back, most of it was yellow so left it well alone
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:35pm
That’s why the whisky we export is that colour Doink, it’s clear up here lol
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 5:54am
All melted here now Smile
XC90 but only as a stopgap

Yoda View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:29am
All gone here also, a nice balmy 9c
2018 firenze red with black roof Velar R Dynamic club stickers front and back. Prior to that 2 Evoques
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:01am
Other half stuck in snow on motorway m77 , turning about coming home when can , that’s my piece and quiet gone lol
Snowing heavy all morning 1.5 miles away nothing here
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:20pm
This weather is mad, since the big thaw over the weekend it's been glorious this week, right now it's 12 degrees and I'm positively sweating my nuts off sat in a red hot exchange, happen to look at my local papers website to see we have a yellow weather warning for tonight, spidey will be happy when he sees this

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/snow-warning-issued-derby-derbyshire-1308328
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
  Share Topic