FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

water ingress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johpat View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water ingress
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:41pm
Hi  We have got a 7 month old new Evoque from Stratstone, Houghton and the the passenger rear light has got water ingress shorting the light.  I took it to the dealership and they have quoted £441 to replace the light. i would have thought at that age it would be a warranty issue, any comments.
Also the sevice light is on after 7 months and 8000 miles.  Is this normal?
Cheers
John
Sponsored Links

rjones View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
mine is going in next tuesday to have the same thing looked at amongst other things , but i was told it would be under warranty 
My16 se tech ed4 2 wheel drive in Fuji white
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by johpat johpat wrote:

Also the sevice light is on after 7 months and 8000 miles.  Is this normal?
Cheers
John

No idea about the first question - but yes to the second question above.  Mine has come on 4 times in 28,000 miles (so around 7,000/8,000 miles).  Many a "happy" thread on this topic LOL
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:40pm
My rear light was replaced under warranty for water staining on the inside, it was an early fault, but I see no reason they should still not cover this.

Service light is for an oil change, just search for Oil Dilution... yes it is normal!!! The first oil change might be free, but they are clamping down on newer models as users should be "aware" it will require more services than the publicised 21000 miles!
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
johpat View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
Cheers all. I mentioned this thread and some of the comments and they have decided the charge was an admin error so it’s going to be done foc under warranty. Allegedly the service light is a bug in the control system but they’ll change the oil 8000miles before it’s due.
Gray52 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gray52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:30pm
Knowledge is power😉
CLAYBUSTER View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYBUSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:58am
That's a plus for being in this forum!!
MY16 Dynamic Lux, Loire Blue with loads of extras and I love it!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic