FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ROWBOTG2 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROWBOTG2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Hi All ,

Due to illness followed by a holiday in the sun to recuperate my Evoque has stood idle in the garage for about three weeks.

First time out I get the warning that all the tyre pressures are low .

Looking at the Vehicle Information menu , the recommended pressures in brackets are 35 PSI front & 31 PSI back , each one on the values shown above in the display , that is the actual pressures , are a good 4to 6 PSI lower.

So is it normal that they would drop like that , my other car , a VW Golf shows no change at all ?

I have now put air in and equalised all four to the 35 & 31 recommended values so hopefully the warnings , which freak my wife out, will stop , if not could it be a sensor fault ?

Has anyone else come across this ?

Thanks

Rowbot
MY16 SE Tech 2.0 Td4, Manual, 5 door,Yulong White, Lunar/Ivory Seats, Keyless Entry, Pano Roof, Gesture Tailgate, Privacy Glass.
Sponsored Links

Syl View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
The golf doesn't measure pressure - it measure difference in rotational speed across the tyres (if one loses pressure, the diameter reduces and it rotates faster than the rest).

As temperature drops, so does the tyre pressure. It's likely they have dropped slightly over time as well (rubber is permeable to oxygen, but not nitrogen) and the recent temperature reduction has moved them below the preset alarm limit.
MY17 RR Evoque Autobiography
MY15 Jag XF S Portfolio Sportbrake
ROWBOTG2 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROWBOTG2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Thanks for the reply Syl

So , at a recommended PSI of 35 front & 31 rear , have you any idea what the preset alarm limit might be ?

I can then keep an eye on values to prevent the alarm

Thanks
MY16 SE Tech 2.0 Td4, Manual, 5 door,Yulong White, Lunar/Ivory Seats, Keyless Entry, Pano Roof, Gesture Tailgate, Privacy Glass.
steviegtr52 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm
This happened to my mates motorcycle 2 weekends back. We were riding in warm weather when out of nowhere we were in a very cold rainstorm. His bike threw up an alarm saying tyre pressure low. We all stopped & checked out his front tyre for a puncture. It was just the drop in temperature. He has now put an extra 2 psi in.  
2016-66 HSE Dyn Lux. Carpathian. H.U.D.Pan, Tints. in control 10" screen.Gloss black wheels,Black anodized nut & lockers. Ivory leather,Umb.
2017 Multistrada 1200s with toys.
2009 MX5 sport tech
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic