FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

System shutdown message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Craig805 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System shutdown message
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:36am
My Si4 frequently displays the message: "System will shutdown in 1 minute", shortly after switching the engine on.  The car is just over 3 years old (with  22,000 miles), so I was suspecting that the battery may need replacing, even though on my last service, the technician said that it was O.K.  However, because I do a lot of short journeys I regularly use a trickle charger to maintain a full charge, although this mesage still comes up all too frequently.  Has anyone else experienced this condition, or can suggest any reason why this should be happening?  Thanks.  
Firenze Red, Santorini Black roof Dynamic Si4 born March 2014.
Sponsored Links

AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:49am
Does sound like a battery issue. Either the battery needs replacing or something's draining the power.
MY12 3dr SD4 190hp 4WD Auto Dynamic Orkney Grey/Narvik Black Roof, custom black wheels, Verve interior. Plus power tailgate/privacy glass/spare wheel + PhilSkil power tailgate mod.
PROUDTHUNDER View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROUDTHUNDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:00pm
Yes I get this on my 2013 si4. I only do long trips (cant afford short trips) Also my car is garaged so the car is not locked and alarm is not set 
Si4 Dynamic 3dr Lux pack o/g space saver. 2 rear seats. badge del. Ebony headlining. Ebony leather style 7 wheels. satin brushed inserts with gloss black finish. mud flaps
Craig805 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
Thanks for your replies guys.  To add additional info to my post, the RR tech did say that he thinks that the in-car cam (Next Base 402G) COULD be draining the battery even if the engine is turned off.  However, the camera definitely switches itself off, so that doesn't seem plausible. 

I do recall that when I had my Mercedes SLK, the battery ran down very quickly when the car was not used for a couple of weeks (e.g. parked at the airport), and was a major complaint of other users.  Apparently, this was eventually determined to be due to the security locking system which continuously polls the various points on the car in order to monitor whether an attempt has been made to gain entry to the vehicle - thereby resulting in a slow battery drain.  I just wonder if this could be a similar symptom with the Evoque, considering I also keep the doors locked, even when garaged. 
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
RRS owner Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
Wowwwww......I had this with my 3 month old Evoque.....be very careful....I got the same warning and I ignored it......just as I left the motorway.....kaching!......system shut down and wouldn't re-start and ended up on back of tow truck....it turned out to be a defective "live" battery lead that apparently "wasn't unusual" I was told....it was getting hot.....and system shut down as a safety procedure....maybe worth checking ?
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Gary pa28 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary pa28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
That's the great thing about being a member on here,ask and you shall find out the answers/suggestions.

But is it just me ,when you arm your self with the info and present said info to the service counter stating that you belong to the owners club and have found out said problem that many owners are reporting and possibly a sullution to it ------ you get the 🙄🙄🙄 look
And no sir we've never had that issue reported before don't worry we will get fully trained 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 to look at it
And you await the call and the ' couldn't find a problem
Loire blue HSE dynamic,privacy glass ,spare wheel
Craig805 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:46am
Thanks guys - I appreciate the feedback very much

Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
RRS owner Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
Gary pa28 - You are so correct!

You always get the "Oh we dont listen to those forums - if we did then there would be an issue with every car we made"

Eeeerrrrrr........HELLO ????? LOL
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Gavlenko View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavlenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:37pm
BMW X1 MSport (for longer than tattoobob)- previous owner of a 2016MY SE Tech in Corris Grey, 18 inch 706 wheels, lunar/ivory interior - spare wheel (deleted - disco light function - a la the Beast)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic