FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Sim card reg help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
steviegtr52 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sim card reg help needed
    Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
The dealer fitted the 1st sim card for me. Just fitted a new one EE 12month 6 gb data only. Tried to use it today & it says it needs to be registered. So I followed the prompts. It takes me to a page on screen to fill in, 1 name, 2nd name, 1st line of address, & so on. Then further down it asks 4gEE wifi Number ???  
Has the car got a wifi Number or I.D Totally lost so gave up. Anyone that can help I would appreciate. 
2016-66 HSE Dyn Lux. Carpathian. H.U.D.Pan, Tints. in control 10" screen.Gloss black wheels,Black anodized nut & lockers. Ivory leather,Umb.
2017 Multistrada 1200s with toys.
2009 MX5 sport tech
Sponsored Links

Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
When I did mine, only last month, I'm pretty sure you don't actually HAVE to register, just click on the ACTIVATE button. I did it all from the browser on my phone. However, I believe the number is the Data Line number (i.e. Phone number) associated with the SIM card, which you will find on the packet your SIM was in. Failing that, stick it in your phone to read the number.
Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
Thanks will give it a try.
2016-66 HSE Dyn Lux. Carpathian. H.U.D.Pan, Tints. in control 10" screen.Gloss black wheels,Black anodized nut & lockers. Ivory leather,Umb.
2009 MX5 sport tech
Grumps View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:07pm
The Three sim I bought activated itself.

Im sure I read that some sims were registered via the providers website.
Fuji white HSE Dynamic with black roof and black pack. Privacy Glass and power tailgate.
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:16pm
Still cannot get EE card to work. It shows 3G in corner of screen but if I use web browser it takes me to register my ee card. Not a problem but after name address etc it wants the 4G ee wifi number. What is the wifi number. Rang the No on packet & after 5 mins my phone txt me to say my £2.50 buffer had been used so I hung up. Listening to the message (we are very busy & will answer your call as soon as possible). Went online in house & looked at EE site & no mention anywhere about registering wifi No. Its a 12month 6gb card. Anyone had this happen.
2009 MX5 sport tech
browny287 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browny287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:38pm
I think this is the phone number allocated to the card, maybe wrong but remember reading this somewhere when i was with EE
Had MY14 Fuji White Pure Tech with Black Pack and Pano Roof
Now MY17 HSE Dynamic in Corris Grey with Pano Roof
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm
Ignore above posting. Job done. My other half is with EE so rang from her phone. After 10hrs of waiting to get through, the guy was ace. Asked for the No on back of sim, which must be its phone No, & then said reinsert card in car & try. OOh ebay came on this time. So the card was from ebay & is a 12month data only sim with 1/2 gig a month on it. 4G EE. £14.99. I only bought it really for the live traffic updates when using the sat nav, but suspect it already worked by the internal sim as when out other day it came up telling of a road blockage due to accident on A1 & we had no sim in slot. 
2009 MX5 sport tech
Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by steviegtr52 steviegtr52 wrote:

Ignore above posting. Job done. My other half is with EE so rang from her phone. After 10hrs of waiting to get through, the guy was ace. Asked for the No on back of sim, which must be its phone No, & then said reinsert card in car & try. OOh ebay came on this time. So the card was from ebay & is a 12month data only sim with 1/2 gig a month on it. 4G EE. £14.99. I only bought it really for the live traffic updates when using the sat nav, but suspect it already worked by the internal sim as when out other day it came up telling of a road blockage due to accident on A1 & we had no sim in slot. 

On the sealed pack that the SIM card comes in is a white label. On that label is the Sim data subscriber number - it is NOT a Wifi number. Every device on the mobile network has a subscriber number. This is not the same number as that on the sim, that is the SIM ESN.

The number will likely start 07 ... all EE did was set the registered flag. You cannot phone the 07 number as it is not provisioned for voice but some providers will allow you to use it for SMS, hence its useful to know that number. It is also how you register the SIM, as you found out.

Next time, you need to check the cellophane packet the SIM comes in before you rip it open, make a note of the data subscriber number.
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:43pm
Thanks for that. The guy did give me a No to use if it needs to register again but says it should stay active for 12 months. Once again cheers Trapdoor. 
2009 MX5 sport tech
Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:55pm
Trouble will come when you have to do it all again next year.

I bought two 6 month packs this time as it worked out a fair bit cheaper. Just have to remember to do it when the first one runs out or I'll be without traffic, which living near and using the M5 almost daily is not a good plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic