FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Servicing Costs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by PhilSkill PhilSkill wrote:

Nice low mileage one then Donna! Yep get it booked in for June, you might just have enough time with the dealers waiting lists these days!

The dealer I bought from is a 2 hour drive so going to use taggarts in Glasgow as its nearer ,I was told by salesman I could use different dealerships , how long before it's due a service do you normally book it in phillskill
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Sponsored Links

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:13am
I find they need at least 3 weeks - I normally call 4 to 6 weeks before.

That’s Bristol tho
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by the beast the beast wrote:

I find they need at least 3 weeks - I normally call 4 to 6 weeks before.

That’s Bristol tho

Going to put reminders on phone beastie' ,service mot etc
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
colin4x4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
If you are going to get at least two services out of the service pack from new, some get more services, depending on engine (service pack cost 500 Pounds if I remember), then it is worthwhile.

Unfortunately a lot of us never had the service pack, like me, who bought a one year old secondhand Evoque out of a RR dealership, and the dealer said it was a bankrupt company car and any service deal went down the swanny river with the firm.

I then had to negociate some sort of service arrangement to finish the deal on my car, and we came to an agreement that the car would be serviced right away before collection of the car, and then get another free service the following year, but after that I was on my own, and do my own servicing now (which is mostly visual checks anyway) and get oil and filter changes at Kwik fit for 50 Pounds, and brake condition checked there.  
SD4 Dynamic, Firenze Red, Panoramic Roof, spare tyre, Detachable tow ball.
CLAYBUSTER View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYBUSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:13pm
I'm surprised that the service deal 'went down the swanny' with the firm as the service deal belongs to the car, not the firm.  That's assuming that the original deal was with JLR and not the dealer.
MY16 Dynamic Lux, Loire Blue with loads of extras and I love it!!!
Robbo77 View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:53pm
I read here about people maybe not getting the brake fluid changed after 3 years so I thought I'd share what happened with our Zafira.

On checking the brakes at a service I found the car needed new pads and disc rotors on the front. So I replaced the whole lot and the brake fluid. At the next service it needed the same thing at the back. Meanwhile the front tyres wore out and were replaced.

My wife was cruising on the motorway one day at 60 mph when the traffic in front just stopped dead without warning. She knew she couldn't stop in time but braked heavily to reduce the impact. In the next split second she panicked and closed her eyes, pushed her head back in the seat and pressed the brake pedal with all her strength. The ABS kicked in, the new brake fluid pressed the new brake pads in to the new disc rotors which caused the new tyres to grip the road and the car STOPPED before hitting the car in front. 60 mph to zero in the blink of an eye.

Keep your braking system serviced up to optimum performance, you never know how much it will save you. It saved us at least an insurance claim excess; and possibly a visit to hospital.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic