FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Seat Belt Chime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wrench View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat Belt Chime
    Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 7:32pm
Discovered you can disable the seat belt chiming noise.

Turn ignition on (without starting engine).
Put seat belt in & out 9 times. (Yes 9!)

Hey presto - no more chimes.
To enable again follow same process.

Visual display is still enabled
Sponsored Links

Panda View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 12:06am
OK. So how did you work that out?
Wrench View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 9:43am
Was unfaithful.... Read it on another forum!

But it worked-so thought I'd share
jenkspj View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenkspj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 2:46pm
Good one...

The Evoque seat belt warning is a bit unsubtle, to say the least. I'll be disabling mine!
Formerly RR Evoque Coupe SI4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Triumph Tiger 800 XC (2 wheel Evoque!)
Evoque Down Under View Drop Down
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador
The Moderator Formerly Known As...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 11:03pm
The question is - why are you guys driving without your seatbelts on?
MY12 // TD4 Dynamic // 5 door // Auto // Mauritius Blue // Fuji White Panoramic Roof // Pursuit Interior // Style 6 Wheels // Rear Camera // Front Sensors // Heated Seats
jenkspj View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenkspj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:47pm
Called moving the car arround the drive to let others out.

The chime is not required, at least in the UK, when in reverse and when driving at less than 5mph.
Evoque Down Under View Drop Down
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador
The Moderator Formerly Known As...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:00pm
The seat belt chime in my (Australian) Evoque only operates at speeds above 20km/h. Must have different settings for different regions.
MY12 // TD4 Dynamic // 5 door // Auto // Mauritius Blue // Fuji White Panoramic Roof // Pursuit Interior // Style 6 Wheels // Rear Camera // Front Sensors // Heated Seats
spud13 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:13pm
jenkspj, you must have a nice sized drive to move the car around that much to set the chime off.
Mine only sounds above a certain speed like EDU's Thumbs Up

Why anybody would choose to disable such a safety item is beyond me to be honest, if nothing else the chime is a reminder not to break the law, and could save your life - i think i will put up with it for the a few seconds every now and then !.

Sorry if that sounds like a moaning rant, thats not what i intended, especially as you were just passing on knowledge to the rest of us ! Clap 
TD4 Pure 5Door Manual Ipanema Sand
jenkspj View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenkspj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by spud13 spud13 wrote:

jenkspj, you must have a nice sized drive to move the car around that much to set the chime off.
Mine only sounds above a certain speed like EDU's Thumbs Up

We live off a single track unadopted road with no on street parking, the drive isn't that big so it is often a case of move one car out onto the road, move the other one on to the road, put the first one where the second was was, and so on. The last thing I want is a seatbelt off an on each time I get in and out.

And mine starts chiming as soon as the car goes into gear....
spud13 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 8:42pm
Jenkspj, i can see your point especially if it starts as soon as you are in gear - Like i say i hope you did not think i was having a rant at you in particular (to be honest your comments i have read on here seem to indicate you would be sensible enough anyway).
I am sorry to say that i have seen the aftermath of people who have chosen not to wear seatbelts and the though of something thats there to remind people to wear them being disabled scares me a bit.

To be honest where i park its best if i can get my osr tyre lined up tight to the side of the parking space so i normally open the door to get a 'visual' on the position as i reverse ...... and get greeted by the 'door open' chime' sounding along with the parking sensors. Its quite a symphony and funny enough i know the door is open !
TD4 Pure 5Door Manual Ipanema Sand
jenkspj View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenkspj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by spud13 spud13 wrote:

Jenkspj, i can see your point especially if it starts as soon as you are in gear - Like i say i hope you did not think i was having a rant at you in particular (to be honest your comments i have read on here seem to indicate you would be sensible enough anyway).

No rant recognised...you'd have to try harder! Wink

We also have a Mercedes: the warning chime starts off quietly and well spaced, the longer you drive without a belt on the louder it gets! I wish the Evoque did that.

As to wearing seatbelts I'm 100% with you...I've always worn them, likewise on the bike I'm a "all the gear, all the time" person. Watching kids riding a scooter wearing shorts, flipflops, a t shirt and just a cheap lid fills me with horror. The point was made on a recent "bike safe" course when they showed a video of a guy who had slid on his backside on the road after falling off at about 40mph. He spend more than 4 months in hospital over a 12 month period having re-constructive surgery. Lost about 4cm of backside muscle...!
Wrench View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:50am
Totally agree.
My hubby is a fire fighter - I hear of the things he sees... Seat belts wearing all the way.
Just don't need noise to remind me, it's habit to put on, & have visual display to check on my passengers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic