FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

SD SatNav Updates - Good news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Griffter18 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffter18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SD SatNav Updates - Good news
    Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 6:06pm
Latest mission:
RR website says the MY16 SE-Tech has "InControl Touch Navigation" as standard for for SD based Satnavs.

Going to the manuals page on the web (http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/?_ga=1.226372316.718061874.1441638174)  you can pick which vehicle & year and then which audio system you have (Cd or No CD).

CD versions appear to use different mapping provided my NAVTEQ, but as Ive no cd I chose the other option and then opened up "Navigation System" and then "Navigation SD Card".
This then opens a new page which shows the SD card under the armrest and the following text: 

The Navigation SD card reader is located in the centre console's cubby box. See STORAGE COMPARTMENTS. Make sure the SD card is located correctly in the card reader before operating the Navigation system.

For updates to the Navigation system's maps, visit www.landrover.com/map-updates/incontrol-touch, or contact your Land Rover Retailer.

So off I go to the noted web address and I get "You will need to download the InControl Touch Map Updater to your PC or Mac. The Map Updater enables you to activate maps, update existing maps and purchase new maps for the InControl Touch navigation system. The Map Updater needs an active internet connection to work with the InControl Touch SD Card".

I get the option to download the relevant application which I do.

I run the app and its asks me to insert the SD card which I do and it recognised the SD card and that its locked. It tells me to unlock it by sliding the tab and re-insert which I do.
The App then responds by confirming the InTouch start date (day I collected the car), The Car VIN, and the amount of memory left (1392MB). 
It then chugs away for a few mins and comes back and says "FREE UPDATES".

Great news but there were no updates to upload so Im going to drop RR an email and ask when the expect the first updated maps to be available as I can't tell how uptodate the current maps are but the files are dated a few days before my collection.
It may be that the dealer installs the Map and updates it prior to collection as they gave me an empty CD style box which I through in the glovebox.

So it appears that owners of the SD based Sat Nav will be treated to free map updates as and when they occur. Website indicates this is an annual update.  More to be pleased with (for some....sorry Premium users).

Edited by Griffter18 - 13 Oct 2015 at 6:09pm
MY16 SE Tech eD4 5dr 2WD. Santorini black with
Ebony Interior. 508 alloys

Sponsored Links

ahoi View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 7:03pm
Map updates are released by here/navteq once a year, so early summer next year you will know.
I very much doubt that it will be free; there is an order process even for the sdcard based system
Griffter18 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffter18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 7:52pm
Extract from RR web page: "InControl Touch Map Updates downloads the latest maps straight to your InControl Touch SD Card. Fast, efficient and always up to date, your best route is assured."

Extract from the Updater page: "The Map Updater enables you to activate maps, update existing maps and purchase new maps for the InControl Touch navigation system."

Only time the word "purchase" i.e. "buy" is used is in relation to new maps.

Well wait and see, but current there were no options when I ran the app to buy or update.

MY16 SE Tech eD4 5dr 2WD. Santorini black with
Ebony Interior. 508 alloys

deszczur View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deszczur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:57pm
Hello Evoque Fans!

I have Evoque MY2016 with maps from 2014 
It's not very nice if you buy a car for over 50kEUR and you get old maps.

I already tried "Land Rover InControl Touch Map Updater" from

I hoped that I get some maps update, but I get only some Voice Messages Patch.
After patching "free update" button is not active.

Best regards
deszczur

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic