FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Reversing camera?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roofchop View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roofchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reversing camera?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:38am
Can a cheap camera be interfaced to the 8 inch touch screen?

2012 SD4 Pure/Tech pack.

I have searched........

Cheers
Dave
Sponsored Links

mickeyf View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:09am
Yes, I DIY'd mine in 2013 Pure. You need a video in motion interface, FAKRA adaptor from composite, then you can use any cheap reverse camera (I got mine from Banggood for some 15 euros. Fixing is not too difficult but you need to remove console & most of dash.
2013 Pure TD Auto Fuji White
roofchop View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roofchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:27pm
Thanks Mickey,

Still ends up costing $$$ VIM being the exey bit.

I was hoping the factory head unit had a composite video in....

Can you use the USB sockets to get any video on the screen?

Or even bluetooth input?

Got parking sensors so maybe they will have to do......

Dave

2012 Fuji White SD4 Coupe Pure, Tech Pack, Black roof/Mirrors 20 s
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:23pm
Hardly use the camera, in first few weeks , now rely on sensors , save your money
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
CLAYBUSTER View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYBUSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
I find the reversing camera very helpful -- especially the guide lines for where the wheels and body are 'aiming' for.   
Also for showing when cars are coming from left or right when reversing out of a tight, 'supermarket' type parking space.
MY16 Dynamic Lux, Loire Blue with loads of extras and I love it!!!
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:39pm
I always reverse parking at the shops just hate reversing out
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
roofchop View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roofchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:13pm
Thanks all,

Sensors it is!

Was hoping I could just plug a $10 camera into the screen!
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:18pm
You could but would have to climb over seats to press the button and pay more to get developed lol
roofchop View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roofchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:10pm
Ha ha....

The $10 cameras I'm on about need a 12v power supply, you just hook it up to the reverse lights!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic