FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

New from Nottingham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
RRS Owner - Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:16am
+1 there HmmmUk

Done mine in exactly the same way.....

If you have your V5 - its immediate - best to get your plates ordered on internet before you hit DVLA site - like hmmmuk says, not good to be driving with false ish plates.
But dont forget to tell your insurance of the change - you would be surprised how many forget...
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Sponsored Links

HmmmUK View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HmmmUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:23am
UPDATE:
Here's a better link for assigning a plate:
https://www.gov.uk/put-registration-number-vehicle

They have a note showing:
You must put your private number on your vehicle straight away if you apply online.

MY15 2.2L | Pure Tech | Auto | Orkney Grey with Black Roof
Forum Photos of my RRE
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:04pm
Well explained, thank you Thumbs Up
XC90 but only as a stopgap

rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm
Thank you very much for the detailed response.

I'm still waiting for my logbook, so I guess I can't do much without that at the moment.

I was able to get the plates made from the ebay place recommended on here and they didn't check any ID or any authorisation letter from DVLA. Is this normal?
MK2 Golf GTI vs Range Rover Evoque
Vader View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by rashg60 rashg60 wrote:

Thank you very much for the detailed response.

I'm still waiting for my logbook, so I guess I can't do much without that at the moment.

I was able to get the plates made from the ebay place recommended on here and they didn't check any ID or any authorisation letter from DVLA. Is this normal?

Their small print will probably say not for road use, I doubt the plates will have a BS number either. I bought my Stag number plates online without any I.D
Corris Grey SE Tech 5door 9speed auto with pan roof, privacy, powered tail gate, spare, reverse camera. Lunar with Ivory.1976 Triumph Stag Triumph Daytona 955i.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm
Always buy mine from eBay...... no they dont come with the BS number on.
They do class them as show plates and as so no ID is required. A lot cheaper as well.
I have to have 2 sets......one for the MOT
But never had a set fail MOT without the BS number on....
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm
They advertised them as road legal plates, hence why I went with them. 

I've just had a look at them and they display these markings. Does that mean they are legitimate and road legal? Got me slightly worried now as they were cheap. 

XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:52pm
I was told they've changed the MOT and no BS number or postcode are required now. 

XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:53pm
They're ok rash

rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:57pm
Phew!!! Thanks. 

I went with the smaller sized number plate as there are only 5 digits. To be honest I probably would have returned them if they weren't legitimate, as they were clearly advertised as 'road legal'. 

Purchased from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Digit-Short-pressed-number-plates-metal-car-registration-reg-GB-UK-Road-Legal/292377014104?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

These were the cheapest ones as most of the others were this price for one plate! I did however put in a cheeky offer of £14.80 (don't ask why I offered that price), but they accepted and it was free delivery. Can't go wrong really. 
rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
Thought I'd upload another pic of my car with my brothers classic 1990 Merc coupe (rotting away) in the background. 

rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:37pm

Side skirts fitted to my Evoque today - will share pics over the weekend. Really happy with the service received from the company. Met a guy there from Leeds who was having the electric side skirts fitted to his Vogue for an eye-watering price of £2000 (mine cost a tenth of that in comparison). 

In the meantime here are pics of my cousins SVR I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Enjoy Smile

Drove this baby the day he got it and it is bloody awesome. Makes my Evoque feel like a toy!
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:40pm
Chalk and Cheese
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:41pm
Wow..... I want it - the colour is gorgeous - is the cousin a he - and does he need a wife LOL
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:57pm
Lol yes he is a 'he'. He's married though!

I wouldn't mind an Evoque in that colour.

Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:00pm
Wrap it is then

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm
My bug bear that LR only do the 50 shades of grey colour palate - except the red - which I have now but I don’t want to order again as want a change.

I would wrap - but can’t as not allowed under the company lease
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:04pm
That is
rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:02pm
I think that's an exclusive colour for the SVR only. Don't think it's available on other models. Unless of course you wrap/paint.
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:25pm
There's a similar colour on the Landmark limited edition model which hopefully will become available on the whole range soon.

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:27pm
Here’s hoping it comes before June
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by XZ4 XZ4 wrote:

There's a similar colour on the Landmark limited edition model which hopefully will become available on the whole range soon.

Yes very nice colour, more of a sky blue with a touch of pearl.

No LEDs though
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
Stunning colour one of our friend has a RRS in that colour he had it taken to Milton Keynesto be modified to urban I think it was its stunning but the price of a small house lol........
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
rashg60 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashg60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:06am

Side steps fitted Sleepy
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:33am
Very nice indeedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic