FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

New Charges for Previously Standard Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EvoqueCrazy View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvoqueCrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Charges for Previously Standard Options
    Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:47am

Landrover are now charging £640 for Santorini Black and £375 for Privacy Glass, when both of these were zero cost options before.

We had previously placed an order an Autobiography Diesel and it was in the order queue, and now they are bringing out a revised 2018 model in September, so  the only  diesel engine available on an Autobiography is the new  SD4 240HP 4WD Auto, which suits us fine, although as we guessed more expensive.

BUT they now want to charge us an extra £1015 on top of the £3000 ish extra for the new engine, which I feel is out of order as we already had our order in the system and nothing has changed on our order except the engine  – has anyone else encountered this kind of issue and did you manage to get it sorted, and is there a contact at Landrover I could contact?

Many thanks

Lisa

Sponsored Links

AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:24pm
I doubt if contacting JLR will get you a lot of satisfaction. They are always careful with the small print which says that prices and spec may change without notice. I'd have thought your best bet would be to put the screws on your dealer. If you are prepared to make a fuss and threaten to pull your order and go elsewhere, you may be able to negotiate a bigger discount or get the colour you want without extra charge. Like all hardball negotiation though, you have to be prepared to carry out your threat.
MY12 3dr SD4 190hp 4WD Auto Dynamic Orkney Grey/Narvik Black Roof, custom black wheels, Verve interior. Plus power tailgate/privacy glass/spare wheel + PhilSkil power tailgate mod.
Mark^^ View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark^^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:19pm
hmm try buy a Land Rover or Range Rover out in the colonies, most of what you get as standard options we pay for and pay through the nose as well. There is no model in all the range that comes with no cost privacy glass.
April 2013 Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior, privacy glass, front parking aid, surround camera with towing assist, powered tailgate, keyless entry and pano roof.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:53pm
EvoqueCrazy.

From memory privacy glass was always an option, I've had 2 Dynamic Lux models and definitely paid extra there.

Now, I suggest you have a good look at your original order paperwork, because, back when the Evoque was just introduced, most of us had a 9 - 12 month wait for collection.

A few of us were concerned that the regular LR Model changes would impact on our order, in particular price increases, at that time, I had it on good authority, plus it was written on the order form, I/we would not be responsible for paying for any increases as a result of LR upgrades.

Worth a look.

3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:10pm
Yep check the paperwork of what you agreed, there may be small print but you entered into an agreement with them if you signed any paperwork, so use this as leverage to get the price you agreed. They have wiggle room on the price, so make them use it for Customer Confidence, otherwise be prepared to walk away and start again!

be careful where you stand if they took a deposit off you, don't want to lose that, but if they changed the terms of the deal they should have no grounds to keep it.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Evo-king Evo-king wrote:

EvoqueCrazy.

From memory privacy glass was always an option, I've had 2 Dynamic Lux models and definitely paid extra there.

Now, I suggest you have a good look at your original order paperwork, because, back when the Evoque was just introduced, most of us had a 9 - 12 month wait for collection.

A few of us were concerned that the regular LR Model changes would impact on our order, in particular price increases, at that time, I had it on good authority, plus it was written on the order form, I/we would not be responsible for paying for any increases as a result of LR upgrades.

Worth a look.

Privacy glass was a no cost option on the Autobiography but a cost option on all other models.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic