FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

N120 - Service Reset Function Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tecky View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N120 - Service Reset Function Update
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:20am
Hello, 

On my Evoque TD4 SE 180hp TOPIx is showing under the heading outstanding campaigns:

N120 - Service Reset Function Update.

Does anyone know precisely what this involves? I suspect it's something to do with the oil dilution problem but am not sure.

Thanks

PS Hope this hasn't been asked before but the search function didn't show anything.

Sponsored Links

Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 5:34pm
Hi Tecky,
Mine was recently in for the "oil service" indicator, the tech told me there was previously an issue with the electrics talking to each other, eg the ECU and something to do with the DPF (me neither)
anyway, apparently they now contact and update each other as required or something- not very clear but hopefully you will get the jist of it.
Tecky View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 5:57am
Thanks Maffy, I shall be visiting my dealer in a day or so and will report back.
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 6:08am
Will be interesting as to what they tell you- see if I am way off the mark!
Mal.Prior View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal.Prior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
That's a great fix!

Instead of resolving the oil dilution, just keep moving the goal posts. I'm sure that someone at LR is saying "Just get the engines to last 5 years....after that it's not our problem".
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:08am
Lets see what the dealer has to say to Tecky.
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Mal.Prior Mal.Prior wrote:

That's a great fix!

Instead of resolving the oil dilution, just keep moving the goal posts. I'm sure that someone at LR is saying "Just get the engines to last 5 years....after that it's not our problem".

That's assuming the Oil dilution is actually happening of course, what they are saying is the measuring system was not working correctly because of a communications breakdown between 2 electronics units.

But agreed, the need for Manufacturers to get cars way beyond their warranted period is not high.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:24am
Exactly as I was told, but assured a new fix and software upload had fixed it.
Would you buy a LR (or many others) after 5 years, not too sure.
know of too many people who have bought RRS that are 2010 onwards- trouble buckets, cars are too sophisticated electronically nowadays.
it is a worry.
HmmmUK View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HmmmUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by PhilSkill PhilSkill wrote:

That's assuming the Oil dilution is actually happening of course...

Lots of Discovery Sport owners with the Ingenium engine have sent oil off for analysing - it's definitely getting diluted with diesel!   Thumbs Down
Gray52 View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gray52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:42pm
I'm surprised the turbos are withstanding this, as diesel for lubricant is not good.
Syl View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:48am
If you need an interim oil service, they had to reset the service indicator entirely. This meant it wouldn't come on again until another 21k miles or another two year had passed (or you had more oil dilution). At the interim service only the oil was changed, meaning you could be overdue for other  service items if not carried out for another 24 months.  The update allows them to reset the mileage without resetting the time - so if you have an interim oil service after 18 months due to oil dilution, the service required message will appear in another 21k miles or 6 months time.
MY17 RR Evoque Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
CLAYBUSTER View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYBUSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
I had an interim 'oil service' this spring at 9,000 miles and it has just had its full 2yr service, some 2,000 miles laterwithout question (and they did an excellent job).
MY16 Dynamic Lux, Loire Blue with loads of extras and I love it!!!
Tecky View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:55pm
Well, I was at my dealer this morning and the senior technician (Werkstattmeister as he's called here) told me the following:

N120 is a software update due to the fact that EITHER the service indicator could not be reset after a service had been carried our OR it could be reset but a service warning appeared a short time after the service had actually been carried out.

I specifically asked of the update had anything to do with the need for interim OIL services and resetting of just the milage and not the time to which he replied NEIN!!

For the update they would need the car for about 45 minutes and there is no need to have it done until a service is due.

I hope what he told me was correct. Perhaps someone else could ask their dealer and see whether or not the same reply is forthcoming.
Syl View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:49pm
Sorry - i might have been confused with N025 or N118 which have recently popped up for mine but are related to N120
MY17 RR Evoque Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
BobH View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm
Google JLRP00100 it gives the full picture .

https://www.docdroid.net/KUMbEu2/2017-07-jlrp00100-service-indicator-message-and-oil-dilution.pdf
MY14 Evoque Pure ED4, Orkney Grey, Cirrus Interior,Cirrus Morzine Headliner, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate, Front Fog Lamps,Spare Wheel, Rear Camera /Front Parking Aid. Halogens with signature LED
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:37pm
well thats another cuppa and cake visit i guess ... already booked in on 27th so i;ll ask then although not so sure they know what they are talking about any more.... have managed to fix my remote stop start myself after them telling me it was apples fault .... losing faith :( 
MY16 HSE Dynamic auto,Firenze red, black pano roof, Privacy Glass, cirrus interior, Dynamic Mode, 20 inch wheels, gesture tailgate, InControl Premium, 360 surround camera , keyless entry + few extras
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:52am
Hi Tecky,
sounds just as I was told at my local dealer, there was a recognised communication issue within the electronics of the car-something wasn't speaking to something else, apparently they now have that patch/fix-done it o mine, will see what happens.
Good luck mein stompenfuhrer.
Revoke View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Mal.Prior Mal.Prior wrote:

That's a great fix!

Speaking of relocatable goalposts I heard unofficially from a tech contact in Gaydon that a package of software changes is imminant which could eliminate the early service message once and for all. It includes "re-phasing" the regenerations and raising the dilution trigger by about 4%.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic