FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Misaligned tailgate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misaligned tailgate
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
A photo of the latch on mine, I think Spiderman mentioned the plastic being knarled up if the tailgate was misaligned, is this the damage you'd expect to see if it was?

Sponsored Links

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:09pm
Looks like mine Ermm
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
Now I'm no mechanic but hazarding a guess something not aligning up there, unless it been damaged when something in way when closing
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:19pm
I'll pop it in at my local stealers (Hunters Derby) and see what they say, i can live with the damage as your eyes aren't drawn to it but the tailgate will only latch on the first click so somethings not right
Vader View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:31pm
My last Evoque had to have the tail gate re aligned, needed new hinges, this took around 10 days because the hinges had to be painted, I thought they’d match the car but they were black! I asked why did I have to wait so long then just paint all the hinges black!,!! Grrrr.
Corris Grey SE Tech 5door 9speed auto with pan roof, privacy, powered tail gate, spare, reverse camera. Lunar with Ivory.1976 Triumph Stag Triumph Daytona 955i.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
RRS Owner - Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm
Ive seen worse to be honest. Its certainly not aligned properly but depends if you can live with it.
Check the gap either side, if its not that noticeable then its down to whether it bothers you.
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 7:16pm
The gaps look pretty good, the damage doesn't really bother me but the tailgate not latching fully is annoying and pointless if you have to wait there to push it down with your hand
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:25pm
Not acceptable.....that’s a fault.....
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Gavlenko View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavlenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:04am
Doink - go get it sorted - my ocd made me get the tailgate re-aligned as the larger gap on one side (not dropped) drove me crazy - let's face it we are all paying good money for these cars and they should be the way that we expect them to be,
BMW X1 MSport (for longer than tattoobob)- previous owner of a 2016MY SE Tech in Corris Grey, 18 inch 706 wheels, lunar/ivory interior - spare wheel (deleted - disco light function - a la the Beast)
johnh View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:55am
Mind the gap!     Yes I do actually
MY15 Corris grey,contrastroof,part blackpack,Dynamic Auto,shadow chrome,panoramic roof keyless entry,powered tailgate,spoiler,
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:41pm
Ok been to Hunters in Derby today to get it booked in, 19th March blimey!

Explained taigate won't click shut and rear camera fogging, the girl at service was efficient and knew exactly what the problems were, 2 very common issues but no problem we'll get them fixed for you, need the car for about a week but will book it for 10 days, courtesy car will be either another evoque or a discovery sport

It all went far too well for my liking, somethings bound to go wrong
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux,waitomo grey,ivory/lunar,manual,freeview tv,360 camera,blind spot monitor,traffic sign recognition,driver condition,pano,gesture,park assist,autonomous braking,LED headlights,AHBA
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm
It depends on the dealer Doink.
You obviously have a good one.
Mine in Birmingham is exactly the same.
As long as its a known issue.....there is never a quibble....
I had to fight the rear camera fogging but that was over 12 months ago and had to fight it but they were still good as gold liasing with LR to get the issue sorted.
There are a lot of dealers who dont give this service so feel lucky
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:58pm
Fingers crossed then and they fix without me having to cause a scene
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux,waitomo grey,ivory/lunar,manual,freeview tv,360 camera,blind spot monitor,traffic sign recognition,driver condition,pano,gesture,park assist,autonomous braking,LED headlights,AHBA
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm
That’s good your getting fixed, a week seems a long time though!!!
As long as your not paying all is good though
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:44pm
While i was sat dealing with the girl, very nice looking girl too i might add, she'd sent me an email to confirm the booking and said the courtesy car will be an evoque or a discovery sport, 'we give you something thats equivalent to your own' ok so not a fiesta or something then, 'oh no nothing like that sir', i started to read the email and got to the part where it said 'If we are providing a loan car please bring all relevant driving documents with you. Loan cars are £10 per day and this includes insurance and a reduced excess of £200', told her to stuff the evoque and disco i'll have a fiesta.......'no no no sir it just says that, we used to but we don't charge anymore' so they used to charge you when your 50k car went wrong while under their warranty, i know what i'd of said back in those days
Doink View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Donna Donna wrote:

That’s good your getting fixed, a week seems a long time though!!!
As long as your not paying all is good though

I think theres a new design of hinge they're gonna fit, plus bodyshop need to spray them from primer black to satin top coat black , replacing the scuffed plastic shroud on the latch is part of the job too, can only assume its a complete lock they'll fit then

Either way its been painless so far............gulp!
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
Doink.

I remember the good old days.

I was given a loan RRS Autobiography 4.2d V8 for two weeks or so and my paperwork stipulated a £1000 excess on their insurance.

3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:50pm
Well........only last May I had a courtesy car when my evoque went in.
I asked if I could try the RRS - they said we will book you down and request one for you.
Couldnt believe my luck when I arrived and there was a RR Vogue awaiting me....it had just 600 miles on it and the paperwork said value 120,000.
I nearly died.
They then said they wanted 50.00 to cover 5 days insurance to reduce excess.
I promptly gave them my insurance policy which said - any car hired to you by a garage whilst yours is in for service or repair.
So worth checking your own policy as you may be covered anyway.
I know my dealer still charges......
CLAYBUSTER View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYBUSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:45pm
My dealer quotes £19/day but has never charged me so far on the three occasions they have provided a loan car.
MY16 Dynamic Lux, Loire Blue with loads of extras and I love it!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic